Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 4/5/2014: Moving would be awesome, so would copying but if copying is challenging then it's not a big deal

[Editor] Moving/Copying Page

17 years ago
Note:
This feature was originally accepted on Oct 14 2006 12:32AM, but was subsequently demoted to "New" in The Feature Wishing Well Clean-out.

The acceptance comments were Let's dooo it! Will add a drop down list on the page that lets u change chapter.
Per alexp, I didn't bother checking through the forum to see if this had been suggested.

Many times, I would find it extremely helpful to be able to quickly move a page in one chapter to another chapter: complete with its links, restrictions, and scripts.

Right now, I just realized I want this one page to be in another chapter, so I have to go to the new chapter, create a new page, cut and past the text, create all the links again, populate each links with restrictions, variable additions, and scripts. Would be absolutely wonderful if there was a little button on the control bar of each page that would pop up a box much like the destination box, but choosing it would copy/move the page!

Thanks for the consideration.

17 years ago

lol it has been suggested before but i aint gonna pounce on you for that ;)

alexp has said that with the coding of the adv editor, it is not possible (or extremely hard) for this to work.

17 years ago
ah, blast.

17 years ago
same thing i said! (lol, okay maybe it was a tad different)

17 years ago
3 strikes on this one.

17 years ago
It was nice idea though, madglee.

17 years ago

Moving a page is a cinch -- just a matter of changing the page's ChapterID.

Copying a page is challenging because (1) it involves duplicating all of the things you mentioned and (2) it is another thing that can break when more features are added.

Since you're lumping these together, I don't know what's a more useful feature. I would assume that it's the copy feature?

17 years ago
Moving is more important for me.

17 years ago
what the... how come when i suggested it, because i screwed up my chapters in cryptode, you said it could not be done! alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 years ago
I KNOW. but maybe .net makes it ezier.

17 years ago
I must have misunderstood ... it cannot be done with the Editor today, but it's a feature that's easy to develop. I do remmber you asking about copying stuff OUT of a storygame ...

17 years ago
Well, I was primarily talking about moving. That would be more useful.

17 years ago
yeah lets see it done.

11 years ago

I would also like to be able to move pages.

11 years ago

Agreed, plenty of times I've wanted to move pages to a different chapter, or simply move them around within it's current chapter to help for organization.

11 years ago

Love this.