Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Writing

6 months ago
can someone pls help me and tell me how to italicize on stories? i tried copying and pasting but it's not working. pls help ty.

Writing

6 months ago

Did you turn on advanced text box? There will be an I in the options. Just highlight the text you want to italicise and press the I. Like this

Writing

6 months ago
THANK YOU. Where would one find that advanced text box?

Writing

6 months ago

On the left side of your screen, click My Stuff, Profile, and check the box ”Use rich-text editor“ under Preferences.

Writing

6 months ago
ur the love of my life thanks pookie

Writing

6 months ago
idk if I'm an idiot but I turned it on, which is like slay, but I can't italicize anything for a storygame. pls help

Writing

6 months ago

Highlight the words you want to italicise and press the I

Or you can press the I then type, then disable the italics by pressing the I again

Writing

6 months ago
To activate the rich text editor you have to log out and then in again after selecting it for the changed setting to be recognized, since it's not really built into the site but a plugin from elsewhere. I'd recommend just using HTML though if you intend to have any scripting in your game, the RTE can cause some issues with that due to some of the special characters it inserts. And personally I just find it to be a cluttered looking ugly box that loads slowly and doesn't play well with dark mode.

Writing

6 months ago

IT WORKED! Thank you!! 

Writing

6 months ago
By default what the site understands is HTML: <i>italicized text</i> We have an article on some of the simpler usages in the Help & Info section, or you can look up guides online for more complicated stuff.