Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Get ready...here comes a Newbie...

16 years ago

Hello! I am FullMetal_Fan, and rather enjoy writing these...what do you call them? Storygames? Well whatever they are, I enjoy writing them. I'm interested in Anime, my favorite is FullMetal Alchemist, and I also like video games made by Square Enix, particularly getting into the Final Fantasy series right now. I hope to be accepted here and to meet some new people and make some great games. Or stories. Whatever floats your boat. I'm sure I'll figure out how things work on my own, but a little assistance on how to get started would be greatly appreciated. There's so much here, I'm overwhelmed! Hope to make the best of things!

-FullMetal_Fan

16 years ago
Some people call them "games", but yes, "storygame" is the proper way of saying it. When I first saw your username I thought you were a heavy metal fan or something, but that's awesome that you're into Fullmetal Alchemist. I haven't watched a single episode, but for me it's one of those anime's that you say, "I should so watch that" but then never end up doing it - I'll have to watch the first few episodes soon.

A big help is to read some of the articles, but if you have any direct questions, feel free to PM some of the members you see around here. Any of the moderators and a other members (for example, Sethaniel or myself) will probably be able to figure out how to fix any problems you may have. If you haven't figured out yet, to make your first storygame, click on "My Stuff > Create A New Storygame" and follow the prompts. If you want to make an Advanced Storygame (many examples of this on the site, for example, "The Wal*Mart Game" or "The Tower") and want to learn variables, try and read the articles, but if you get stuck, don't hesitate to post in the Advanced Editor section - the best way to learn how to use it is to learn practically.

Oh yes, and I like the Final Fantasy series. Particularly Final Fantasy VII - apparently they're remaking it on the new Playstation. I'd attempt to save up and buy one just to play it.

Anyway, nice to see a new face here. Especially a new face that says, "whatever floats your boat" - reminds me of things.

16 years ago

Doc. Oct (Thats october) mentioned moderators.  If you click Help & Info and then click about us and scroll to the bottom, you will see a list of them.  Here they are if you're too lazy to look:

Myself
Fleshnblood_78
Solostrike (active?)
madglee
Alexp (Owner, not active)
March5th00 (owner)
Chocobot (Owner, active?)

Also playing any of the top stories are recomended. General consensus on the best three are:

Mommy Can I Go out and kill tonight? (My fav)
Snow
Ground Zero

Have fun and welcome aboard our floating boat.

16 years ago
Welcome, FullMetal, looking forward to seeing your work. Have fun.