Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

videos in choose your story games

16 years ago
I have heard that it is possible to attach videos to the pages of your stories on this site so that when you enter the page the video plays, however I would obviously have some difficulty with that since it would be difficult for me to set up the camera and all of that stuff. However I was thinking of instead just attaching some music to certain pages of my stories or links to other sites with the music so that we would not get into trouble because of all the copyright stuff. Also I was thinking of putting links to youtube videos for certain parts of my story. For example I was thinking of making a story which is a fanfiction of "Legend of Zelda the Ocarina of Time", but with a much darker theme and with a lot more realism. The way I think the game should've been in the first place. I would want to show the videos so that people who have not played the game could see what it is like in order to understand what I am talking about. Do you think my ideas are solid, or should I be more careful with the music and things like that (I really don't want to get choose your story caught in any trouble with copyright issues). Thanks for your input.

16 years ago

you wont find trouble for copyright issues. just, if you use movies or music, tell who did it and what song/movie it is.

however, your story does sound interesting. stick with it and let us know if you need any help. we wont always be able to, but some of us can help occassionally.

16 years ago
Alright thanks. I'll make sure and mention the name of all of the music and who wrote it and where I got it from. I'm not sure how the advanced editor will work for me though so I'll have to take a look at that. I know this might sound like a lot, but if I can't quite do all the code for the stuff in the advanced editor, could someone please assist me in adding the variables and stuff I want to add so I can still have the same depth and complexity I'll try to aquire with my later stories? I'll add you as a co-author so you can do this. Thanks.

16 years ago

We have different copyright laws in Australia, but I think in America it's called 'creative commons' or something like that.

Basically it means that as long as you're not claiming someone else's work as your own or making money from it it means you're permitted to use it in things like online projects, unless the owner requests that it is removed or has a specific request that it isn't used.

Websites like peekvid and Ebaum'sWorld exploit this thing and CAN actually make money off of it through a bunch of legal loopholes, but it doesn't look like you're doing that so go for your life.

By the way, don't go on Ebaum'sWorld.com, it's evil.

No really.