Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 10/31/2008: Good idea, but a whole ton of work.

CYOA on your PC?

16 years ago

Okay, I may not do much here anymore... alright, I don't do anything here anymore.  But I would like to know if there was anyway of being able to convert the text-game generator and make an .exe program that anyone can download and work on.  They can export the completed project to their user file once they're done.  I want to revamp on one little project but I also want to modify it.

Of course, there's always just opening up a Word document, typing all of what you're gonna do and making "branches" out of it.  I'm just suggesting here.

CYOA on your PC?

16 years ago
CYOA...in my pants!

But yeah, that would be awesome - converting the story to a .exe. program.

CYOA on your PC?

16 years ago
100% guarentee that this gets rejected based on the argument that it takes too much work for such a little payoff.

CYOA on your PC?

16 years ago
Unfortunately, I'd have to agree. Or else one of the admins would have said something by now.

CYOA on your PC?

16 years ago

You mean the owners?

Well they're all pretty much inactive so good luck with that lol.

CYOA on your PC?

16 years ago
There would be plenty of payoff if they made a Windows program for making CYOA's, and SOLD it to people. I'd certainly pay for a non-internet story writing program. It would probably help costs for running this website too.

CYOA on your PC?

16 years ago
True, thats actually a pretty decent plan.

CYOA on your PC?

16 years ago
Yeah, but if people found out that they could use the site for free whilst others have to buy the program, wouldn't that seem...scandalous?

CYOA on your PC?

16 years ago
Well if you want it on your computer . . .

CYOA on your PC?

15 years ago
I've always thought this site has needed an "export to .xml" command. That way, not only could you make backups of the games, but making the offline player would be left up to the users. How about it, developers?  : )