Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago
Hey all, I'm somewhat new to this site here. Pretty cool idea. Takes me back to being a kid again with my CYOA books.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting: I seem to be running into plot walls every direction I go in. Either I get capped by Leon, or I get the pointy stick with +1 stabbing and proceed to get caught by the M.F.ing Po. Any recommendations?

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago
Uhh.. You way you got stuck with the police?.. So did I.  I just gave up.  I've found those walls lots of game here.  

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago
? I played through the game once, I don't remember going into any police dept. If that's what you'r talking about, then just try a different path.

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago
chuck the mobile at Leon. You must have actually gone to work to do this.

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago
Theres a way to skip work? I never knew that... Mayby it's time to give mommy another run through.

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago
There's no walls, Zero. It's nice and transparent and open-ended.

Since we're on the subject, who the f-bomb gave it a 1? There's even a 2. That makes me burst out with laughter.

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago
Yeah.. I hit one.  I get pulled over, so I decide to drink all the beer I can.  Once it's done, I can't advance.

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago
If there's a bug, I need to know about it - my test shows that drinking all the beer causes you to get arrested. What happened instead?

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago
Please tell me the page you were on, etc. You followed the directions of "if you are intent on draining the whole can, please go back before you chug again," didn't you?

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago
In answer to everyone's questions. There's not one single "wall" in my game that's not beatable. I spent a lot of time making sure that was true. Also, it's far more open ended than some people think, apparently. You don't have to go to the police station, you can run around doing most of what you want, and the environment is different depending what time of day/night it is, etc. Even cell phone messages are different.

You can use Mr. Pointy and win at the police station but you must have the weaponmaster trait, otherwise it won't work. Brilliant work for anyone that figured out how to create it - good work solyentg231.

Mommy is meant to have replay value. Guaranteed one, even two runs through you haven't seen everything - and everything is worth seeing. At least I hope so. :)

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago
most likely someone who couldnt beat it for months and got frustrated. im sure thats the only reason for a low rating on such a story. its amongst the best.

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago
Naw I reckon it IS the best. even better than Ground Zero

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago
Oh, we all know people just give ones because they're jerks.  Come on.

Or because they don't think the game deserves such a high score, and they want to try and bring it down.

(Speaking of Ground Zero. . . did you see someone gave it a low rating because there were "too many words" ?!)

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago
(Ground Zero: Yeah Lol. Its a reading site for crying out loud. XD)

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago

That comment was just as baffling as the guy who said the story was too linear.

Still, those comments pale in comparison to these two hilarious ones I got from the same guy recently...

http://forums.infinite-story.com/showthread.php?t=322

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago
Those are funny. It sounds like the guy can at least think, however, and even qualifies that your story is really good but that he can't get over humanity's need for a good ending. Lol. Way too many OMFG and !!!!?!?!?!? for my taste.

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago
Just got the middle ending. Heh, twisted but enjoyable. I can't reiterate enough how well designed this game is. Kudos again.

Mommy Madness...

16 years ago

WOW. I can't believe those idiots at IS can call anything but endings "psychological torture". I personally loved Death Song. The "real" ending wasn't happy, but it concludes things in a nice, peaceful way. (ie, the protagonist doesnt become a zombie)

And yeah I hate all that happy ending crap. Especially with superhero movies, in many of them the villain deserves to win, but they don't lose for lack of planning or effort. They lose because some invincible jock on steroids effortlessly bashes him up. I mean COME ON! Just get an M-16 and shoot the bumbling good guy. Actually finish him off instead of giving him a chance to escape.

Grrr.... I hate those movies.

-JeRoman's random rant of the week, brought to you by ROBEX-it's almost as good as the real thing! *may explode on contact with skin. Not responsible for wounds caused by battery acid.

Mommy Madness...

15 years ago
Sorry, Madglee... I completely forgot about this.  The error was in " A Cop is Behind You."  When that came up, I thought it'd be funny to drink the beer.  So I did.  Then, it gave me the option of doing it again, and again, and again.  I kept going until I finished it.  Now, I don't remember where I hit the wall, but I'll try and find out in a bit.

Mommy Madness...

15 years ago
... Uh, I don't remember what the problem was.  I just went back and drank the whole thing and nothing happened.  I remember talking to the cop afterwards, but not being able to continue to any links.  They'd just keep cycling back, no matter what chose.

Mommy Madness...

15 years ago
Hmm, I couldn't reproduce it. Anyway, I took the story down so I can copy it, page by page, onto my computer. Should be a fun time.

Mommy Madness...

15 years ago

I hope it comes back soon :D