Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

grammar

13 years ago

I need help with something. I have a grammar problem as in, it heavily effects my stories. is there a way i can improve my grammar.(it could be also that i type like i talk). any suggestions?

grammar

13 years ago

Well, you started well with capitalizing your sentences.  Keep that up, for sure.

And if you've got grammar issues that need immediate attention, then I'd suggest Googling "grammar check" or something - there are things out there, but to be honest they're not very good.  However, if you're looking for a way to actually grow intellectually and as a writer, all I can say is to read literature.  Great readers become great writers... That's really all there is to it.  As you read from different authors, you can draw from their styles of writing, from structure to content, and you begin to develop your own.

Good luck

grammar

13 years ago
Well said, Zero.

Csf, write each page in microsoft word with spell and grammar checking on. Don't copy it over until your satisfied that enough/all of the errors it notices are taken care of.

grammar

13 years ago
Stop having sex with your dog. My grammar immensely improved after I did so.

grammar

13 years ago

And you would've believe how well he started doing after he stopped having sex with his sister!