Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago

So i am not going to lie, about a week ago when i first found this site i was thinking of the Goosbumps books from my childhood. What I found instead was a community of people and stories that far surpass that. i have read thorough a few ( and started a few more) of the storygames, and from what i see of the content that has been thought out is amazing. Why are some of you not puting these in bookstores?

But the reason i started this was not to blow smoke up anyones skirt. I just wanted to stop in the forums after making an official account here and say hi. and ask a question. You see i have a viedo game that is basically what i call a "working DnD model" i usually follow that up with "it's like DnD but there are no dice. So i was wondering if I could create a story and open my world to the public for the first time. Let me know if any of you are intrested and honestly i could use some pointers. Untill then i am going to work on some storie ideas and lurk around on the forums and try to sponge up what information i can retain.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago

Welcome aboard

BZ

Hey everyone.

12 years ago

Welcome to the site :)

Hey everyone.

12 years ago
Welcome, Kaiser. All of the tools you will require will be found in the Advanced Editor. Skip the basic one all together. If you have specific questions, post them in the forums and you're guaranteed answers. Make sure they're specific though, since if you can't formulate a specific question, then you're not entirely sure what you're asking :)

Hey everyone.

12 years ago

Welcome to the site :)

Hey everyone.

12 years ago

If the basic editor is so bad why is it still avaliabe?

Hey everyone.

12 years ago
Not sure. The idea of having a 'stripped down version' and a 'full' version (in order to provide a less daunting scene for newcomers) isn't a bad one, but when the basic editor's user interface is much worse than the advanced one, and the advanced one has options to remove all of it's advanced features, there's no point in using the basic one.

If you're trying to assert that the basic editor isn't bad because it's available, I'll just let that statement sit there basking in it's logical ineptitude, haha.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago
I've got stories in both editors, and I like the basic editor better.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago
Welcome! There's a lot of people who can help you with your story.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago

Hey, welcome to the site and although I agree with you that some of these need to get published, unfortunately there isn't exactly a huge market for CYA books, so we'll just have to use the internet to suit our needs.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago

Has Endmaster ever considered writing a novel? It seems like he could make a lot of money from one.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago
He would be like Stephen King.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago

You'd have to advertise choose your adventure books, and his stories would either have to be broken up into smaller pages or made longer in order to fill out the book, but potentially he could stand to make some profit. After people are already used to CYAs and he's known as an author of them, who knows what could happen after that?'

It would suck if due to some copyright issues or something we couldn't keep his stories on the site, but it would be really cool if he became famous.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago

"It would suck if due to some copyright issues or something we couldn't keep his stories on the site, but it would be really cool if he became famous."

I would think that the copyright issues would come from here. Also i don't think they can take down the stories on this site if it already had them beforehand.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago

The copyright issues would start when he trademarks the book, if that's what you're talking about (I didn't quite get the statement). But think about it, why buy the hardback version of Eternal when you can look at it in all its glory here instead? I'm not saying Endmaster would do it, but Publishers don't exactly have the best reputation.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago
All my stories except Eternal were posted on Infinite Story first and I officially copyrighted Necro, GZ, Paradise, Geek, Love Sick, and Alpha with the Library of Congress before I posted those on here.

Not sure who would get priority for what, but it doesn't matter since I'm writing these as a hobby and didn't have any intention on doing CYOAs for profit. The genre is sort of dead as far as paper books go anyway, not to mention I'd probably have to tone down the content and language for most of my stories. (Yeah right!)

Besides I think if I actually tried to make a living off of writing, I probably wouldn't like it any more because then it would actually be "work."

Hey everyone.

12 years ago
Whoops, forgot I copyrighted Repression and Trash as well, not Alpha Wolf.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago

Not sure if serious....

Hey everyone.

12 years ago
Why wouldn't I be serious?

Hey everyone.

12 years ago

Dunno. Just didn't think you would go out of your way to copyright stories you never really planned on marketing anyways. Granted you have some really good ones so I could see why you wouldn't want them to be stolen by someone else who would profit off them. Guess I just never thought about it too much.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago

Well, maybe he could just start writing a novel instead? Either way, I would buy whatever he published.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago

I would definitely buy a book by Endmaster or 3J. Both are ridiculously amazing writers :).

Hey everyone.

12 years ago
JJJ is a word machine I heard he wort OMS in a week.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago

he wrote around 100 pages a day untill it was published.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago
3 Days, I believe.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago
Actually, I don't remember. It could have been 5. I tried looking it up but I can't remember where I said it.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago

http://www.chooseyourstory.com/forums/message.aspx?MessageId=5636

Hey everyone.

12 years ago
Yeah, that's what I was looking at. I deleted a bunch of posts in there (between the first and second posts) but on second thought, I can just look at the dates.

5 days from start to finish. First 400 in 3 days.

Hey everyone.

12 years ago

You are a machine

PS: Where do you hide your crack?