Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Need Help

11 years ago

Does anyone here live in California? If so, could you tell me how much the average rent would be for a two bedroom one bathroom apartment there?

Need Help

11 years ago
Did your parents kick you out?

Need Help

11 years ago

No and I don't see why it would be any of your business if they did.

If anyone does want to know however I'm planning to move there in four years with some friends and am going to go on a cross country road trip to get there.

Need Help

11 years ago
haha, plans change a lot in four years... as do real estate prices.

Need Help

11 years ago
Very well said.

Need Help

11 years ago

Well we've been planning for a year so I'm hoping we'll still do this then. And fuck, I completely forgot haha.

Need Help

11 years ago
I wanna go to California too.
Remember that song 'Hollywood' by Madonna?
It's just spinning around my head now when I heard you mention California.
Now, I just remembered Katy Perry's 'California Gurls'.

"Daisy Dukes, bikinis on top!"

Need Help

11 years ago

*Raises gun to temple*

Need Help

11 years ago
If you pull the trigger now, on your headstone, this will be written:

Committed suicide because he couldn't stand the hotness of California Gurls.

Need Help

11 years ago

No, it will read:

"Hero who took a stand against Pop Music."

Need Help

11 years ago
What's wrong with pop music? It's popular for a reason...

Need Help

11 years ago

I just don't like it.

Need Help

11 years ago
Okaaaay hipster. You guys are all conformant when you try to be nonconformant. It just makes it worse.

Need Help

11 years ago
haha, calling someone who doesn't like what you do a hipster is the same as calling them a hater for the same reason. It just makes you look ignorant :)

Need Help

11 years ago

I'm not some fucking hipster, I don't like the melodies or the lyrics. Give me a band like Rise Against or ISMFOF over Katy Perry any day.

Need Help

11 years ago
It's okay.
I accept you for who you are.

Need Help

11 years ago
1.) It's not actually as popular as you may think. It simply takes the name "pop music" because it was a term thought up in the past and sticking to age-old terms will help boost your record sales and radio listeners.

2.) Although I'm not a fan of pop, I apply the same philosophy to it as I do all music forms: If you don't like it, don't listen to it. Stop complaining that it's crap, just turn the station or don't type it into youtube. Complaining about music on the internet is just plan pointless.

Need Help

11 years ago
I don't like all of the pop-music out there, and I like some non-pop-music rock bands.

Need Help

11 years ago
Shakira is pop...

Need Help

11 years ago
So what...
We have the freedom of choice of music taste.

Need Help

11 years ago

I dislike the idea of pop music because everybody else is an idiot. (Also, IE10 sucks.)

Need Help

11 years ago

California's a big place - whereabouts are you planning on living? Rent prices in San Fran will be different to those in LA. There'll also be differences based on the neighbourhood and how far out from a major city you are.

Need Help

11 years ago

I don't really know, me and my friends have looked up some rent prices for cities like LA or San Francisco but not in any suburban areas which are what I was hoping someone could help me with.

At this point I think San Francisco is more likely.

Need Help

11 years ago

Well, how far out from San Francisco are you willing to live? 20 minutes out? 40 minutes out? And how many of you are there (also important, as I'm assuming you'll be splitting rent)? At first I thought two because of there being two bedrooms, but you said "my friends" in a later post, which suggests you'll be living with more than one friend.

Need Help

11 years ago

I'll be with five friends but we are going to have two seperate apartments with  three in one apartment and two in the other.

I don't know, while we were looking up what the minimum wage was for California he said that it was higher in San Francisco than the rest of California so I'm assuming we're going with living one city over at the most.

Need Help

11 years ago

Haha some of my friends and I are planning on moving to California as well. We only have to wait for two years though :P. We were thinking somewere in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Great place if you like mountain areas.

Need Help

11 years ago

That's cool, me and my friends have to wait an extra two years after graduation because my one friend get expelled from school and held back when he was already a year behind us.

Need Help

11 years ago

Damn that sucks. :P

Need Help

11 years ago

It's actually kind of good for us. We will be able to save more money since we have to wait.

Need Help

11 years ago

Good thinking. I have never thought about saving money for the move before, I should probably start doing that now though.

Need Help

11 years ago

Plus gasoline and food along the way. We're sticking to making sandwiches the whole way except for a few trips to McDonalds and gasoline is gonna cost a shitload in the years to come. Gun laws are another interesting thing that came up. It wasn't until last week that we realized different states have different policies haha.

Need Help

11 years ago

I do, but whatever you do, get away from the LA area,

Need Help

11 years ago

JK.