Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Forum Games?

10 years ago

So I've been looking through the help section as well as other forum threads trying to figure out: what's going on with forum games?

Do you just jump in and write the next line? Or does the person who started the thread write the story?  How far back can you play a forum game? Is it rude to try and play a game from a week ago? A month? Is the forum game forum any different from regular forums? Like can you get items, or does it track your score?  Any tips for someone who wants to play a forum game for the first time? What kind of wine would you drink with a forum game?

I have a feeling I'm over thinking this, but oh well, it's almost 2 am. I'm allowing myself a ramble.

Forum Games?

10 years ago

All forum games are run differently. Your best bet is to message the GM (Person making the threads) of the ones you are interested in, and ask if you can join.

Forum Games?

10 years ago

1) Not always. Some games are random babble and as such, allow you to really do anything you want (as long as you read the rules, and follow them), while others usually named with a 'RP' in the title, require you to have a character and to follow the rules to the letter. 

2) Assuming the game in question is an RP, the person who started the thread countinues the story while you choose where the story goes.

3) No, but you may not get a response.

4) The forums work exactly the same as the regular forum

5) PM me, I have a whole post about that.

6) I'd suggest pale ale, not wine. 

Forum Games?

10 years ago

Is that post the one you sent me a while back?

Forum Games?

10 years ago

Yep. ^_^

Forum Games?

10 years ago

I am hosting a CYOA forum game at the moment, and with lexi leaving the site and Hugs' absence all the time I need a female character to fill a spot on my TEOTL so I can get that shit back and running. Pm me for any details you may need. If not just read the sections for each. The CYOA feel free to just jump in and vote once you've caught up on the story.

Forum Games?

10 years ago

Y no choose me?

D_:

jk

Forum Games?

10 years ago

If you wanna join in then catch up. and PM me

Forum Games?

10 years ago

I see TEOTl is been paused because of lexi's dissapearance..Anyway, see whether swift will play..he'll be good with the female character. Otherwise Ill play.

Forum Games?

10 years ago

Okay Galo will do. Thanks for the heads up bud :)

Forum Games?

10 years ago

Plus he really knows how to pull off the 'spiked collar and fishnet stockings look' like a true pro!

Forum Games?

10 years ago

Lexi left CYS?

Forum Games?

10 years ago

yes.

Forum Games?

10 years ago

She made a lounge post about it.

Forum Games?

10 years ago

I totally missed that...

God. I feel like an Ass right now..

Forum Games?

10 years ago

Thanks for all the good suggestions!

Forum Games?

10 years ago

Wine? PAH! You need a purely conscious mind in order to fully emulate the character you play!... Unless that character doesn't happen to have a purely concious mind laying around anywhere... If he doesn't, I suggest you measure your lubricated brain cells in increments depending on how ridiculous your character may act, although you grammar might suffer. I'd suggest any wine you can measure your reaction to would be just about fine, Aman has pale ale, and I have... Well, I'm not the proper age, so I have nothing but a big steaming pile of bullshit that I cover almost all my posts with. You can tell, can't you?

Forum Games?

10 years ago

Forum Games?

10 years ago

Was that a yes?