WatchNon-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Message

Don't know your Pages from your Links? Stuck in the editor? Find some expert help here.

Greetings fellow authors!

18 days ago

I am writing my first story, titled The Songs of Rebellion, and I hope it turns out great. I would like to hear anyone’s thoughts on how to create a believable and immersive fantasy story. Thanks, and good luck to everyone!

18 days ago

Welcome to the site. I look forward to seeing your first release!

Greetings fellow autists!

18 days ago
Hey, welcome to the site.

I'd recommend reading and reviewing a few of the top fantasy stories, you might find some inspiration there. As to your question, I think that's something a lot of people here could go on about at length, but I'd recommend making a thread in the Writing Workshop about it.

Usually I advise newbies to tackle smaller projects when they're still getting used to the editor and CYOA format, but if you're feeling inspired go for it I guess. Might be a good idea to look over the articles on the advanced editor and scripting to get a grasp on the basics of all that though, with a big project especially I think you'll find it streamlines a lot of things.

18 days ago

Thanks. I’ve read some other stories on this site, and I was really inspired by them to create my own work. I hope my first release won’t take too long!

18 days ago
Welcome to the site, good luck with your story.

17 days ago
Hey hey

17 days ago

Out of every 'welcome to the site' message that every user gives, yours are always my favorites, I don't know why.

16 days ago

Hey there! I hope you have as much fun as we all do on this site. Can't wait to play your game!

15 days ago

Welcome to the site.  I like your title, by the way.  I personally find titles hard.

14 days ago

Meow. 

14 days ago

When did Mizal morph into a drow elf?

13 days ago

Deep down she's always been a drow.

13 days ago

Valid.  :)