Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New to this

5 years ago

Hello, I am new to this website but not new to writing stories nd if anybody can help me, I have one question: can you write a story with a friend, like can two people work on a story together? 

Thanks - Pickles

P.s. Yes, I do have pickles

New to this

5 years ago
Glad to hear you have pickles, that is important.

Welcome to the site. Yes, you can work with another author to write a story, that's called "co-authoring," and you can see an option for that in the story editor.

New to this

5 years ago

Thanks, because I just started highschool and I don't want to take forever writing one story

New to this

5 years ago
Usually I recommend against co-authoring, especially for a first project, but working with someone you're friends with IRL is probably the most sensible way to handle it.

New to this

5 years ago

Well right now I'm writing down the basic idea of a story I have

New to this

5 years ago

Welp I already hate this site, I wrote two paragraphs of a basic idea and theres no autosave so its all gone

New to this

5 years ago
There's two buttons for saving when writing stories that are prominently displayed for writers to read. Also, just about every forum I've been to doesn't have an autosave.
Plus, two paragraphs is what... three minutes of typing? Just sayin'.

New to this

5 years ago
Wrote it where? But if you mean in the editor that's what the button that says 'Save' is for just fyi.

Otherwise, the site has been having a lot of server hiccups lately so you should copy anything before you send it just to be safe.

I feel like you will probably survive the loss of your two paragraphs, but if you do any serious writing you should save backups just like you would for serious writing anywhere else.

New to this

5 years ago

Well what im saying is that like sometimes you forget to save and its be nice if it didn't delete everything if you go to check forums

New to this

5 years ago
Just lol at anyone who isn't browsing the site with the use of 44 separate tabs.

New to this

5 years ago

it takes you 44 tabs? just shows your dedication, i get by with 2 or 3 for this site

New to this

5 years ago
Pro tip: Write offline in any word processing program with auto-save. Then copy and paste when your story is ready for publishing.

New to this

5 years ago
Pixles?