Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello!!!

4 months ago
Hi, I'm of course new here on the site and wanted to know if any great RPG stories that are sci-fi or fantasy. I have read a bit of Eternal but haven't finished it quite yet but I still want to add a few more to my list if anyone has any suggestions like some hidden gem stories that aren't well known like Eternal please respond!

Hello!!!

4 months ago

If you're looking for Sci-Fi and into the grimdark future, Fear the Psyker is really well written.

I would also recommend Agent of Order.

For Fantasy:

If you like EndMaster's (the author of Eternal) feature length stories, I would recommend InnKeeper and its sequel Rogues (I say sequel but can be considered stand-alone).

One of my favorite fantasy stories on here is The Book of Vanishing Tales.

Also welcome to the site!

Hello!!!

4 months ago
Thank you so much for the suggestions! I've checked Fear the Psyker and I agree it is well written it's kinda of something I wanted from a Warhammer 40k story adventure hopefully the creator continues the story off the New Dawn ending or any of them really!

I'll check out Agent of Order next and the others when I get the chance. Again thank you for the suggestions and warm welcome!

btw love your pfp

Hello!!!

4 months ago

There is also Warped which is the sequel to Fear the Psyker. I haven't gotten around to reading it but its there if you are interested.

And thanks!

Hello!!!

4 months ago
Agent of Order still bugs me for how linear it is. I'd recommend browsing Bill's games for classic feeling sci fi.

Seconding the Book of Vanishing Tales though, never felt like that one got enough appreciation for departing from the usual fantasy adventure plot.

Hello!!!

3 months ago
Thanks will do and sorry for the late response!