Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

The Council: Rundown

12 years ago
So, we've got a council now and it's called: The Council.

The Council consists of five members: Zero, October, ThisisBo, Ugilick and SindriV. If any user is nominated, these five members will vote on whether or not to ban the member. If four of them (or five) vote yes, the member is banned.

ANYONE CAN NOMINATE A MEMBER. So, Cool74 can nominate a member for the council to vote on or ThisisBo can nominate a member for the council to vote on.

If a member is banned by the council, then every one of his posts will be deleted.

I'm also giving October basic moderator powers because I think having a moderator in his time zone will be excellent for the site, currently all of the moderators (active or not) are from North America and the sites member base is far more diverse than that. October will not have a trophy to give out, be able to distribute/deduct points, or be able to unpublish stories. He will be able to delete comments on stories and posts in the forums.

That's basically it.

12 years ago
To nominate a member, message ME with the member's username. Don't post it on the forums or anything like that. Once I've got the name, I'll set the process in motion.

12 years ago

So when a meber is banned,they can sill read and write storygames, just not in the forums? Or are they off the site altogether?

12 years ago
They can still read and write storygames.

12 years ago

Do they just lose all of their current posts, or do they lose the ability to post as well?

12 years ago
I can't take away their ability to post, but it just means that they get all SUBSEQUENT posts deleted.

12 years ago
I don't know that granting powers to other users was ok'd by me or Alex. JJJ I appreciate the idea of creating a sense of community... but not a caste system. If you're creating your own nobility I have a bit of a problem with this. PM me.
march.

12 years ago
No caste system, I'd just prefer to have those members involved in decisions. It's not asimilar to asking the community for their opinion with respect to any user. Feel free to PM me if you have any kind of complaint or issue at all.

12 years ago
I'm removing SindriV (for absenteeism) and adding Killa_Robot.

12 years ago
Congradulations Killa.

12 years ago
Congrats killa

Also, did everything with March work out JJJ?

12 years ago

Well, I certainly hope we haven't been lording over people like nobility, but I don't think I've seen any of that going on myself.

12 years ago

I don't know about that, Bo. You were telling me not to "mope" around. That sounds like "lording it over" to me...

Hey, why did "The Council" need forming? Was there a guy hanging around the Forum, posting stupid post with lots of smileys, screwing up "simple word games" and teasing ThisisBo? - cause I h8 people like that.

No seriously: Why did you guys form THE COUNCIL?

12 years ago
Haha, mostly because I want to make sure my actions are in line with what the community wants. I really like the idea of having policy generated by the community. If the community wants a relaxed place with few rules, then so be it. If they want a more structured place, then so be it. Obviously I retain the final say (because I'm in charge of maintaining the integrity of the site while the founders are away) but I definitely like to incorporate as much community thought as I can.

12 years ago

I find this council idea good and that it maybe well affective