Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

CYS v20120605 - Minor Update to Major Update

11 years ago

Few mior things...

• Put correct bg color up
  • Un-centered the page
  • Fixed story browsing issue

Also, I'm working on redoing the forums. There's not much to see now (sneak peak), as I think the important page will be the "View Message" (i.e., the page you're looking at now).

Any suggestions on how to lay it out better are of course welcome. I'm thinking at the very least...

• Option to view threaded or linear
  • edit (valid for only a few minutes for non-mods)

11 years ago

The sneak peak looks pretty nifty :)

11 years ago

I don't know what the current option is, but it sounds like it's linear, and that's the one I would support.

The edit looks great, solves the issue of people pulling a dick move and making it look like nothing happened while still allowing us to fix mistakes. Would this edit also include a delete a function?

11 years ago

Sneak peak looks good, but I'm not a big fan of the big word size, but that's my opinion ;) Edit feature sounds great, I always see some stupid mistakes in my posts when I read them back.

11 years ago
I looked at the sneak peak. At first I didn't like it, however; when I shifted back to the normal view I decided the potential format is better.

Edit, as you have described, would be wonderful.

11 years ago

I actually like the bigger font. Currently, the entire site looks very small on my 17” screen at normal scale (it doesn’t even cover half of my screen). I always use 125% scale when using the internet (for all sites) and that scale makes the site fit pretty well (to me anyway). I like the suggestion of using percentage based sizing vs. hardcoded sizing, for that reason.

11 years ago
Edit has been on the wish list for at least a year. Edit should also provide a delete function and JJJ said you should be able to edit until someone replies.

Also make a new section for forum games. Help relieve some of the clutter in the lounge.