Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Inspiration from a dream!

6 years ago

So, I'm going to be writing a new storygame, and it is horror. I started it last night, but when I was asleep, I had a very interesting dream.I'm planing on using it as a way to make my story.

To make my story, I was planning on having there be some pages where the link pauses the game from where your at, and shows you what's going on somewhere else in the city. It will show you what the monsters are doing, from the point of view of a human who's going to be turned into a monster.

My dream was like a page from my storygame. I could use it! Here it is(just the dream, unedited):

I am sitting at a table in a hotel. Another girl is sitting next to me. That girl is a little pale, and some how I get the feeling she isn't human. There are plates in front of us, for some reason with raw meat on them.

"I know you'll make a good zombie," says the girl.(as in a lot of dreams, I automatically knew what we had been talking about.. She was a zombie virus carrier, and her job is to trick humans into getting turned into a zombie. Yes, this was a dream.)

l have no control over my body, so I can't stop my head from nodding. The other girl slaps my piece of meat with hers, of which she had eaten off of. Somehow I knew she had just switched the meats, so if I ate that I would be under her control.

As I'm staring at the meat that is now on her plate, she stands up and walks behind me, towards my plate. I can't turn my head as I notice her licking the meat, trying to make sure I turn zombie. She walks away, out the door, and I can move my head again.

The meat has a spot on it that is shiny in the light, and for some reason I put my hand on it to eat it. Before I do, I feel really tired, and pause. The girl walks in again, sees me acting tired, and smiles, thinking I ate the meat.

"How do you feel? Does your stomach hurt? Are you having any reaction?"

Again, I can't control what I do or say. "No, I haven't eaten it yet."

The girl sits down at her chair, and waits. It is like she is making me eat the meat, because I take a big bite off of the spot she licked.

She smiles a wicked smile, and I feel sharp pains in my stomach. Doubling over, I now have complete control over myself; I realise what I have done.

As I stand up and turn around, I see a gun at the back of the hotel restaurant. I start to walk over to it, but the girl blocks me. I fall over, and can't move.

I notice a man entering the restaurant through the door, and the girl stabbing him. Then I wake up as a zombie, and walk toward the downed man.

"I will make an awesome army with you humans. Its not hard..."

Then I wake up and think a while, then write this.

What do you think, and do you have any dreams that would make a good storygame/storygame page? (I often have weird dreams like this...)

6 years ago

My mom had a weird dream, too, and I can use it, because it's perfect; she doesn't remember much except aluminum foil and cannibalism. It's perfect for my story because there will be cannibals in it, and I can edit it the way I want because she doesn't remember the details.

6 years ago

Your mom sounds like quite the busy woman between homeschooling you, keeping the faith and dreaming about cannibals and all.

6 years ago
The profile makes it sound like 19 chickens live in the house.

6 years ago

How does it make it sound like chickens live in the house?!

I'll go edit that.

6 years ago

My family is constantly having weird dreams. Mostly my mom and l. Sometimes my sister, but hers are hard to understand. Dad doesn't talk much so we don't really know his dreams.