Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

The Life of a Ficseanian Chef Slave: Food & Fight

5 years ago

In the forests of the north stands a series of tribes of beings that are seemingly human. These beings, mysteriously called the Ficsean, are almost mistakable to humans - their identities exposed only by their grayish skin, two horns on their forehead, and of course, their relentless hunger.
   For centuries, the humans south of the forests have battled with the ficseans, and as such, each individual ficsean is required to be stronger than their opponents, must be able to take what they seek. Those that can't are either left to starve or worse - sell themselves as slaves. This is where you enter the scene.
   As a slave, you have nothing - not even the horns of your head (for the weak don't deserve even their own ivory). To sustain yourself, you take on the role as a chef, supporting the warriors that keep you alive one meal at a time. Or, that was how it used to be.
   A well-timed ambush was all it took for your village to lose its access to its food storage. With famine threatening your village and the enemies only getting more powerful, things are looking grim. This is where you come up with an idea, which leads to a plan, which - should you play your cards right - might lead to you being the supreme chef of the ficseans, the almighty Ficsean Chef.

Synopsis : Your village's existence is threatened by opposing forces and famine, forcing you to take action to avoid certain death.

{I feel like I should clarify, but... I'm gay.}

5 years ago
I like it. Be less gay.

5 years ago

I KNEW mizal was up to something. Way to demolish my clarification, now people will think that I'm gay AND have a ego large enough to make a game based on my username.

5 years ago
No no I think your OC is very interesting, I'm glad you were finally able to open up and talk about him and also your sexuality. This isn't recognizable as Homestuck fanfic at all anymore with the changes you've made, good job.

5 years ago

Luckily, we're accepting of people with large egos.