Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Halcyon: A Journey (WIP Thread)

3 years ago
Expected Word Count - 30K-40K (40K contest limit)
Expected Pages - 200
Expected Completion Deadline - 15th June in case everything goes well with my job and online uni exams.
Genre - Post Apocalyptic

Systems: A very simple skill system for character creation that will open/close option depending upon your character. Maybe be some basic health attribute that will change depending upon how much beating/healing you take and will similarly open/close new options. There will be no randomness whatsoever (in terms of systems atleast).

Current Progress:

Pages - 0/200
Word Count - 0

I plan to update this every day. I haven't really written anything over 10K words, let alone 40K so there will probably be major delays. But at the same time I want a short deadline so that I can actually concentrate upon finishing it instead of getting blinded by the allure of novelty.

3 years ago
Current Progress:

Brainstorming

3 years ago
Going for something with a lot of scripting on one hand will make yours stand out since I doubt anyone else with Ford will use it extensively. But on the other hand, it's really difficult to make clicking a button to make numbers happen exciting.

3 years ago
Actually there is no scripting at all (I mean I will use scripting but everything I do will be easily achievable with normal variables). The system is pretty easy where you choose 4 from a total of 12 skills and depending of these additional option will be available on some pages.

3 years ago

Hmm Post Apocalyptic is an interesting genre choice. If you don't mind me asking why did you pick it? 

3 years ago
I recently played Metro: Exodus and wanted to create something akin to it. In Exodus you basically have a bunch of people in a train who have escaped the underground and together they journey across post apocalyptic Russia.

However, the original plan has changed a lot and I am working on plotting the story with a flowchart. I will probably start writing tomorrow.

3 years ago

Oooh, that could end up being amazing. Best of luck though I'll probably end up reading it. 

3 years ago
Didn't write a word...

3 years ago
What about now?