Bucky, The Apprentice Scrivener
October 2016 - Spooky Story Contest - The NON-Shamed - Steve24833 & Malkalack & ugilick & Lampmandnando
December 2016 - Ballad Contest - Overall Winner - pugpup1 ; Traditional Winner - Romulus
January 2017 - New Frontier Contest - Co-Winners - WouldntItBeNice & Ogre11
February 2017 - Flash Fiction Contest - Winner - Romulus: Forever After
Generic Warning - For
immature mature audiences only.
I fired the ridiculous cannon up for this one and took it up to eleven.
This project has lingered untouched in my trunk for nearly a year now. Originally intended to be a short work, it grew big and fat in my notes, and was then later locked away and ignored. Life happens. Anyway, I pulled it from the graveyard and decided to patchwork the dangling ends together.
Play through the heroic or not so heroic adventures of a Cliché knight hero! There are a series of three endings for the knight that I considered canon when I first drafted the story. These unlock the first pages of what were intended to be the other hero paths of wizard, prince and spunky girl (along with some bonus troll material). If enough people enjoy the knight's story, I'd be open to reinvesting in the project and adding one or all of them on as an expansion. Each would play as its own separate story, so don't worry, there is a full and complete story in here.
The work, however, is raw - often intentionally so. And while the 'canon' endings unlock the bonus material, there really is no winning and losing. You just do better or worse.
That said, this is a fragment of the monster that lies in my notes, coming in at a little over 22k words. I feel comfortable saying there are a few chuckles in here, so I think if it brightens one person's day then it was worth publishing.
All comments, both mean and kind, are appreciated. Enjoy.
A mildly disturbing result of my attempts to learn my way around the editor. I dabbled a bit in basic html as well. The game functions mostly as a USA State Capitals quiz with a simple combat element. I put in a bit of a backstory, surrounding the quiz, and something mildly disturbing may happen if you die...
While this has little literary merit; hopefully, you may learn something.
Recent PostsChaos Contest Predictions/Polling Thread on 4/24/2017 5:15:56 PM
Chaos Contest on 4/24/2017 2:21:24 PM
Chaos Contest on 4/24/2017 12:10:18 PM
Chaos Contest Predictions/Polling Thread on 4/22/2017 7:13:05 PM
Steve demands attention! on 4/22/2017 11:37:07 AM
Steve demands attention! on 4/21/2017 7:24:46 PM
2) Legal. If parents don't want a kid that bad, what kind of life can it look forward to? Enough kids are stuck on a wait list for adoption or placed in foster homes as it stands.
3) Christian - Lutheran - 2 or so. Not a fan of organized religion due to the rampant corruption associated with it. But it's probably healthy to believe in something greater than oneself.
4) Shouldn't be a social issue unless they're rutting on your lawn or something.
5) Should be treated like a mental disease as it is deemed by the medical community, not glorified like the media seems to want to do currently. Diseases are meant to be cured, not proliferated.
6) Should I buy @Endmaster a bottle of this for Halloween?"
7) We have enough people. Only let in people that can fill important roles that the country needs more of, essentially engineers, educated professionals, etc. The country doesn't need more general laborers, plenty homegrown and hungry for work.
8) Trump's about a 5. He's not nearly as good as his supporters rave. And he's not near the demon his detractors rage about. Also, anyone who blocks traffic in protest deserves to be kicked in the shins for 3 hours straight by a toddler. Some people are trying to get to work and don't have all day to shout at the sky.
9) The bad practitioners are basically a cult, giving a horrible name for the peaceful ones. You don't see the leaders of ISIS blowing themselves up. They have brainwashed peons for that.
10) Star Wars VI - Star Wars V - Star Wars IV ; And I pretend the rest didn't happen.
11) Roman Empire, Old British Empire, Holy Roman Empire, Persian Empire, Alba - Veni, vidi, vici.
12) Thieves, Rapers, People that lie about getting raped, Murderers, Traitors, Arsonists, Protesters that block traffic.
13) Yes. Background checks and psych screenings are good. The armed American citizen was a large deterrent for the Soviet Union during the Cold War from invading. Not fun marching into a country where anyone and everyone can take potshots at your soldiers.
14) Yes. If it's good enough for your dog, it's good enough for you.
4/20 Blaze It on 4/21/2017 6:19:53 PM
Chaos Contest on 4/20/2017 5:25:27 PM
Chaos Contest on 4/20/2017 5:19:12 PM
Villain Lair on 4/20/2017 3:21:51 PM