Fishing Pulls

A fan fiction storygame by Mitchekie

Player Rating?/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
No ratings yet

Story Difficulty6/8

"Wandering through the desert"

Play Length?/8

"Unknown / Not Set"
No ratings yet

Maturity Level4/8

"Need to be accompanied by an adult"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG.

You are the eldest son of Autumnstar, a regal and steadfast Warrior and Leader of the Veliclan (Sandclan) tribe. As Deputy of the tribe, you are next in line to take your father's place as Leader. Your ever-present support is a close friend, Shinepelt, a feline known for her wit, adventurous spirit, and beauty. When terror strikes in the clan and Shinepelt is kidnapped, it is up to you to rescue your friend... or forever live with the knowledge that she has been claimed by the paws of death.

The setting takes place primarily in the Southwestern Region of Sri Lanka, the main locales being the beaches of Weligama, the rainforests of the Sinharaja Forest Reserve, and the Andirilena Caves of Udugama.

The clans include Veliclan (Sandclan) that resides in Weligama, Kandaclan (Mountainclan) that lives in the Sinharaja Forest Reserve, and Galaclan (Stoneclan) that nests in the Andirilena Caves in/near Udugama.

You will be playing as two characters: Sihacaw, a Deputy and the eldest son of AutumnStar, the Leader of Veliclan; and Shinepelt, a female Warrior who also resides in Veliclan.

Several months of work was put into the research for this game alone, learning about the history, culture, language, geography, and flora and fauna of Sri Lanka. Almost every one of the cats' names is a combination of Sinhalese and English, with their names representing and being a description of their appearance and character. For example: Sarpayaatooth, one of the cats' names, is a combination of the word 'sarpayaa' (meaning "snake" in Sinhalese) and the English word 'tooth', so named because he survived a snake bite as a youngster. Every cat has a distinct personality and a unique background, and a fair number of the characters play a part in the story. Additionally, this is primarily a mystery, so pay attention to what's happening and see if you can solve the mystery.

The themes of this story game include mystery, drama, comedy, and romance. Be ye warned: Even small choices you make can have significant consequences, so choose wisely. Your character *can* perish, but it takes many wrong choices for that to occur. Take note that this story game is a long one, so be sure to order at least two pizzas before you sit down and play it, 'cause you're gonna be here for a while. Don't forget the save button; it's there for a reason! Last, but not least, have fun!!

~ This story is dedicated to my boyfriend, a most handsome warrior indeed and one of the bravest and kindest individuals I've ever known. ~

Player Comments

Show All Comments