A Very Special Choose Your Story

Player Rating5.15/8

"#135 overall, #9 for 2008"
based on 658 ratings since 07/24/2008
played 41,324 times (finished 1,567)

"mosie through a minefield"

"It'll be a while, better grab a SnickersĀ®"

"anything goes"
Some material may be inappropriate for persons under age 18. If this were a movie, it would probably be R.

Some stories have a message...kinda...

Additional Notes:

WARNING! (The real one)

This story is pretty offensive, it can get graphic and downright ruthless at times so if you don’t like that sort of humor, don’t read this story. But if you read it anyway don’t complain if you get offended, I did warn you and keep in mind it IS only a story.

Also, don't bother trying to "win" either. You can't. Just heed the moral lessons you may learn.

I'm not sure what to think. I'm not angry or offended just....disheartened. While the writing is good, barring a couple minor mistakes, the world view presented is a very dim one indeed. I'm not talking about the actual depictions of events, though those are troubling enough. Rather, it's a question of what prompted EndMaster to create the game in the first place. I've read a few of the other stories that are more fantasy/sci-fi epic based, and really enjoyed them. And while the humoristic STYLE of this game was undoubtedly brilliant, I can't deny that the focus of it left me rather cold. After all, something like 'Game of Thrones' can be ruthless and graphic, but there isn't an 'outside' voice to complicate matters.

And before I get a retort, yes I read the warnings (both of them) and yes I was aware that there would be disturbing content. What I wasn't expecting was the callous nature of the warnings at the end. The faux-'public service announcement' tone was quite chilling. But, if this is indeed the results you wanted, EndMaster, then I take my hat off to you.
-- Mynoris on 12/1/2017 8:15:24 PM
It's mildly sad that so many hippie loser PC police went and rated this story a 1 after they ignored the repeated warnings and took offense to one perceived outrage or another. It's almost as if some people think you are the first writer to have a protagonist have intimate relations with a parent... I hope those folks never read Oedipus.
-- Bucky on 2/6/2016 1:25:41 AM
This story's been around for years and somehow I never really noticed it. It really shows a different, more compassionate side of Endmaster as he offers young people another perspective and sound moral advice on the very real issues they face today.
-- mizal on 5/25/2015 1:32:15 PM
UPDATE: I read the story again and chose the female route this time, going the "join the academic clubs" route. It was significantly funnier, and despite a weirdly exaggerated and kind of... frankly, dumb ending, I kinda laughed at it. Yeah, satirical humor can be written well if it's more like this than the "gay epiphany" route. Reason being? The girl's route with her nerd friends is a hilarious mockery of the "nice guys" trope & the fact that she low-key makes the guys her sugar daddies is comedic gold.

Maybe I don't 100% despise the way this is going. Read something about being able to have sex with a cow in one ending, and as weird and messed up that is, it's kind of funny. Even though I said I wouldn't play again in my last comment, I did. Maybe I'll do so again.
-- scoople on 6/23/2018 9:58:35 PM
I read the "fake" warning and thought "hmm, this is a bit odd, but I'll see how this goes." My choices in the male path for the first two clicks were absolutely hilarious, and I thought "hey, this is my kind of humor, offensive my ass." But... then I got to the whole "figuring out you're gay" stuff. I'm a gay guy. That's not how that works. I know this is regarded as humor, but it's also tagged as "serious" and "socially important," and the things put in this story don't really match up to those tags.

Stick to the depressed teen that has to be dusted off by his mom because he doesn't do anything. That's hilarious, coming from a depressed teen who doesn't do anything. But seeing how that turned into a "socially important" talk about how gay men can't be loyal and don't get a happy ending and there's "forbidden love" bullshit and all that...? Yeah, not cool. Not even for humor. Quote thatabsurd from yesterday, "I don't care if it's supposed to be 'funny' or 'a joke' its fucking rude and insensitive."

There's a huge difference between dark humor/offensive humor, and straight up disrespect. And I read the warnings, I prepared myself, I just really didn't want to be mocked tonight. I went to pride today and enjoyed myself around a bunch of gay people who weren't gonna scream "I'm gay and I hate being gay lol I'm so relatable" and then jump out a window. Whatever "eye-opening" and "moral" thing that is supposed to be an underlying topic here is very rudely represented, and you flat out shouldn't joke about suicide. Or gay people, but I can take a gay joke. I can't take a suicide joke.

Once again, I understand that this story is ten years old, and you may have had some very different views of the world, but... I just can't get on board with this. I really hope that Repression has something for me to enjoy in there.

On a non-story-nitpicking sidenote, the play length & story difficulty ratings are both pretty off, in my opinion. It took two minutes flat to play through the whole game, and I don't care to find another ending. I also didn't have ANY difficulty whatsoever playing this, so... why are they ranked the way they are? Well, whatever, this is a ten-year-late comment on a story by a tired gay guy with too much time on his hands. Really hope to find something of yours that appeals to me, mainly so I don't have to do this again.

Also, if you read this comment or the one I left on Love SICK last night, feel free to message me and discuss. I don't know the whole story, and my critiques could definitely be something unnecessary. All due respect.
-- scoople on 6/23/2018 9:42:47 PM
handles sensitive topics poorly and criticizes people for going through hard times. I don't care if it's supposed to be "funny" or "a joke" its fucking rude and insensitive
-- thatabsurd on 6/22/2018 10:41:30 PM
This game taught me to be gay!
-- 3iguy on 6/1/2018 8:54:39 AM
Wtf
-- ShyKitsune on 4/10/2018 11:38:05 AM
I learned some valueable life lessons
-- Jakethebro on 2/21/2018 6:10:48 PM
I'm just glad I didn't go to school in the U.S.
-- llImperatorll on 1/11/2018 5:15:28 PM