Player Comments on Climbing Beyond The Clouds

Fantastic!

This storygame is extremely good! I loved pretty much everything about it.

The branching was really great, and the quality was consistent enough that I was able to read through the story multiple times and enjoy every ending :D

The characters have great development, and they have personality. The well developed characters really helped me understand the storygame a bit better. I was very glad we got to hear a little bit from the wife's point of view in her letters.

The plot was also very, very creative. It was a really fun edutainment game, and it's certainly very original.

Sure, this storygame isn't the longest, but there's a good amount of branching, words per page, and the writing is very high quality!

I enjoyed every word of this storygame, and it's no doubt one of my favorites.

7/8, amazing work Will! :)
-- MinnieKing on 7/25/2017 3:10:29 PM with a score of 0
Beautifully written, Will. You did quite an amazing job with creating such a great sense of foreboding for certain scenes of the story, so much so that I questioned several times as to why anyone would even want to traverse such a dangerous mountain to begin with.

The letters of the wife were also a good motivation for me to get the protagonist back home safe, so I couldn't help but make that my priority as I read through this amazing story.

Once again, the amount of effort that you put in this shines through brilliantly.

Bravo, Will :) I definitely had my fun with reading this.
-- TharaApples on 10/31/2016 5:14:20 AM with a score of 0
I just. . . Will11, you never fail to amaze us. I wonder how is it that you always manage to combine a lesson about history (or in this case, mount Everest) and a good story? Maybe, the answer is simple. That you are a very talented writer.
Just keep writing stories. We all appreciate it.
-- Penworth on 6/3/2015 1:24:12 AM with a score of 0
Really well-written. The letters from my wife made me more determined to survive for her, and I like how the options that could be considered more 'selfish' actually directly benefit you sometimes, allowing you to keep your strength.

There's one thing I really need to know, though - can you save Man?
-- Bethius on 5/31/2018 4:47:29 AM with a score of 0
This was well written and not too long of a story. I really enjoyed reading it! Nice little history lesson to boot.
-- Dave on 5/25/2018 3:31:44 PM with a score of 0
it was good
-- vesaun on 5/3/2018 11:21:30 AM with a score of 0
:) That was awesome writing. It is a noble goal to put these true stories before the world, so that we do not forget the lessons of the past. It is terrible so many died trying to reach Mt. Everest. But, this is a true story.
-- HowdyHiHello on 4/13/2018 7:42:28 PM with a score of 0
Epilogue: Memorial Service at St Pauls Cathedral
Four months later you find yourself standing with the other European survivors of the Everest expedition in St Paul’s Cathedral for Odell and Sandy’s memorial service. All of Britain has been shocked by the loss of the two famous climbers. The British Prime Minister and all the members of the British Cabinet sit in the front pew. Across from them sit members of the Royal Family, King George V and his wife Queen Mary among them...
Long after Edmund Hilary and Tenzin Norgay reach the summit of Mount Everest in 1953 uncertainty continues to reign over whether others did it first nearly thirty years before. You are questioned endlessly about where exactly you saw Odell and Sandy climbing the mountain that day until you become uncertain. You live a long life with your wife Ruth and your three wonderful children Frances, Berry and John but until your dying day in 1987 you can never forget about your friends who climbed beyond the clouds on Everest and never came back…
STRENGTH is 4.""

Hmm... makes me wonder if it would have been better to choose that ending of climbing to the summit with them and then plunge into darkness\death due to their\our? fall from the mountain after coming down from the summit. Well, guess sometimes you never know. ;)
-- TestingJest on 10/31/2017 4:56:35 AM with a score of 0
Is there any way to climb mount everest AND survive???
-- Chickdove on 3/9/2017 5:46:37 PM with a score of 0
Great.
-- Mage on 12/22/2016 9:42:14 AM with a score of 0
Great game!
-- jayfeatheraven921 on 10/26/2016 6:49:13 AM with a score of 0
I had a lot of fun playing this!
-- Balt on 9/29/2016 5:59:18 PM with a score of 0
research was obviously done with this kind of story. Nice job.
-- Shinobi on 6/13/2016 9:31:00 AM with a score of 0
In short, my brain exploded.
-- CurseOfTime on 3/26/2016 5:05:17 PM with a score of 0
Woohoo!
-- MasonJarGuzzi on 3/21/2016 10:14:05 PM with a score of 0
Loved this story!
-- LilacRain on 3/8/2016 10:18:05 PM with a score of 0
i really liked this one. i think i got more emotionally attached to this than i should have.
-- berp on 8/31/2015 2:49:36 PM with a score of 0
:( I got to the top but both ways down killed me. Is the point to show the deadliness of Everest? Either way, good job. This was a potent, realistic, and heartbreaking story.
-- GMB13carat on 7/7/2015 9:47:52 PM with a score of 0
As always, a fantastic, realistic game from you Will. The writing was great and it brought to mind some of the real horrors of Everest, even as I sit here in my home across the world from it. Is there truly no way to reach the top, though? D:
-- FazzTheMan on 6/26/2015 1:40:57 AM with a score of 0
Edutainment stories are usually not my cup of tea, but Will11 once again manages to be one of the only exceptions.

Everything was very well done, with my only issue being the incessant "what do you do?" I just really don't like that phrase and the end of a CYOA page, and it really jars me while reading such fantastic writing.

All in all, a solid 5/8. I just hope that Will11 decides to make other types of stories...

So, Will, what will you do?
-- LeoScales7 on 3/31/2015 9:47:21 PM with a score of 0
Another Will11 masterpiece, I see! It's well-written, and the length is just a tad short (just a tad). However, the story made up for it. I rate this 5/8.
-- DerpBacon on 3/31/2015 3:41:16 PM with a score of 0
Well done Will! I enjoyed this story a lot. Clearly a lot of effort has gone into it. I have given it a 6/8. As it was pretty good!
-- Creature on 3/31/2015 11:24:18 AM with a score of 0