- Entire new story line added, with secret items to be found throughout story. The items portend a sequel which is only obliquely related to this one, and without these items one cannot logically progress.
- Fixed major bug allowing readers to exploit statistics. Thanks those who PM'd me after reading that I'd prefer that than posting on the main forums.
- Fixed multiple typos/variable issues/grammatical errors.
- Minor updates to items and setting to reflect current societal technology.
- Fixed multiple instances where traits could be used when user did not have them or stats were not high enough.
- Incorporated new spacing bugs into story, unfortunately. Probably updated Firefox and new HTML, uncertain. Don't have time to go through and delete every new <br> and <p> so ignore any new spacing issues although drives me insane if it makes you feel better.
- With any update comes new bugs. If you find some, please PM me.
You were a good boy. But then you turned bad. Drug addict, cop-killer, manipulator; These are all names you could be called. But Leon helped you hide the evidence, and you were never caught for your crimes.
You, who were once so far gone yourself, now help others. You take care of them when no one else will. And yet that creature who first strayed from the path of righteousness has not disappeared. It is still part of you, a dark psychosis threatening to get out. You sometimes hear its voice at night, whispering while you try to fall asleep. An eternal battle between the dark and the light rages within your mind.
To which side will you listen during this most crucial of days?
This is an advanced game where you create a character, choosing four of seven unique traits and distributing 100 points between your three stats however you see fit. These stats and traits make for a different experience every time you adventure through the story. Stats have a direct effect on how useful each trait is in various situations, so choose a wise combination! The back-end is extremely complex, with nearly one hundred variables and over thirty unique scripts which track and update your progress, viewable on your character sheet. This sheet lists and keeps track of accomplishments you have made throughout the story, as well as updating your health, score, and any information you might find. The story also boasts twenty-three items, most useable in more ways than one, and over twenty-five distinct endings, each crowning the player with a unique title, although only three allow completion of the story. Every item's graphic has been put through Photoshop, and photos have been placed strategically throughout the 400 pages and 600 links to augment the setting, realism, and mood. Readers will rarely be prompted to use an item; rather, they will have to reason and analyze to determine the appropriate point at which to do so. Finally, if a particular reader gains special accomplishments, they will be in bold on the character sheet, and that reader will gain extra points! Try to get 1000!
Good luck, and enjoy!
CAVEAT: This story contains graphic violence, sexual images, adult situations, and drug use. If you are too young to handle this sort of thing, please do not read the story.
*Thank you for the feedback about bugs/errors/grammatical mistakes/typos. I have fixed the majority of them. Please PM me if you find any further bugs, rather than mentioning them in comments or on the forum.