Surviving The Black Plague

Player Rating2.85/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
based on 41 ratings since
played times (finished )

"run through the jungle"

"A nice jog down the driveway"

"appropriate for all ages"
Stories with this maturity level will not, by design, have any potentially objectionable content. An example of a type story with this rating would be a quiz on mathematics.

Tags

It was the year 1346 and rats roam through the dark allies of London. You will need to make the choices. Will you survive the bubonic plague? Or perish amongst the millions of others who failed.

10/10 nomi
-- Ameetee on 9/17/2018 9:10:31 PM

I guess it's a decent game, but I don't like how "I" ended up doing things that I could care less, and I'm not talking about the choices but what was IN those choice. So what if my wife died? I probably hated her anyways, especially with the reveal of her working for the mob; that second playthrough wouldn't exactly make me feel bad for her. This story would be better if it was second or third person, not first. Aside from that, there are some typos in there that needs fixing but they weren't too abundant so I'll let it pass.
-- Dynamism on 10/7/2015 8:22:12 PM
This isn't historically accurate at all.
-- FazzTheMan on 9/26/2015 1:15:02 AM
Pretty good. Kinda short though. 5/8
-- TheBossWriter on 9/25/2015 5:03:30 PM
Wife worked for the Mafia.... That was definitely a twist of events....
-- MultipleMinds on 9/14/2015 4:02:26 PM
I don't like unhappy endings, but I guess it is realistic. Maybe, make it a bit longer.
-- bburger on 9/11/2015 4:43:53 PM
Not one of the good ones. I must be playing as one of the most anxious OCD characters in history. And how do you "CAUTIOUSLY" burn your whole house down and build a new one? Also this isn't historically accurate because no one had a clue as to what caused the plague. Also my grandpa or someone died in the begining but since you gave him no personality nor reason for me to care about him dying.

So my advice, work on this and change some plot holes and add more realism into the story and add characters that feel things. I know it's a lot to choke down. But it will make the story go from a 3, to atleast a 6. But for me it is a 3/8.
-- SonicTurboTurtle on 9/10/2015 7:51:13 PM
This story was...interesting to say at least. I liked the historic references of the Bubonic Plague. The writing was decent enough to flow.

The choices in the story have a lot to be considered. Choices that I thought were good ones, ended the game abruptly.

I played the game twice and got the "good ending" on my second play through. I just wish there was more to explore, more morality of choices involved, more interaction with your wife. How did they leave the city? Be more descriptive!

Overall, it could be so much better! Don't rush this game out! Take the time to be more detailed and you will see your ratings improve.
-- AppDude27 on 9/10/2015 3:23:11 PM
Not a bad idea but needs some editing.

Tips:

* Be consistent in your writing
* Do not make things so linear and predictable
* Try writing in different styles for different stories; Take a look a book like "Shakespeare Stealer"

-- ShowMeTheCode on 9/10/2015 10:22:39 AM