The Life Of A Bull Terrier

Player Rating3.31/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
based on 67 ratings since 03/15/2014
played 309 times (finished 63)

"walk in the park"

"A nice jog down the driveway"

"appropriate for all ages"
Stories with this maturity level will not, by design, have any potentially objectionable content. An example of a type story with this rating would be a quiz on mathematics.

A cute little game about my bull terrier, Maggie, a friendly little dog. This a day in the life of her. Enjoy!

Well, let's start with a quote from the beginning.
"You wake up. What do you do next?"
That is the most linear and undetailed beginning to a story I have ever seen in my life. There were hardly any details in the storygame, in fact.

The writing wasn't extremely bad, but it was boring. I mean, there's not even any meaningful choices. Despite there being a lot of links, there's very little branching.

The choices didn't even do anything as far as I know. You can just do nearly every link and end up back in the same place. This storygame is like going in a figure eight over and over again.

This really had no plot at all. It had no goal, no real character development, not much detail at all, a really linear beginning, a linear storygame overall, and a lack of meaningful choices and branching.

I'll give this a 1/8, please try harder.
-- MinnieKing on 3/2/2017 7:56:23 PM
Well on the bright side I've now experienced life as a Bull Terrier and I am glad that I can go back to being a person now. A plot or at the least some little doggy adventure would make it more appealing but it would still be a story about dogs doing dog things. I think it is a good story for the right readership but that readership is not especially mainstream, in terms of craftsmanship (writing quality, structure etc) it was very good :)
-- Will11 on 11/13/2014 3:09:14 AM
The main plot of this story is basically you just being a dog and doing dog-like things. Although this is a seemingly okay-ish plot, I don't think it really qualifies as a "story".

This doesn't have a rising action, climax, falling action, and conclusion. In fact, the only part of a real-story plot would be the exposition, only because it tells you that you are a dog owned by fantaspray1. And not even that is descriptive. The main fault of this story is that its overly repetitive. This whole story just has you clicking links to do dog-things, like pooping, sleeping, eating, which leave you off at "You did this, you are done, do something else!" As a reader, I can't say I found this story amusing. Because you have no way to win, or lose for that matter, I can't say this qualifies as a game. It has no real challenge, just live life as a dog. Since there is no challenge to this "storygame", we can conclude that there are no real choices to do, because it doesn't affect the story one measly bit. As there are no choices, there are no consequences, and come on, what type of game is that?

The writing is not very descriptive, with only an average of one, less than ten words long sentence on every page of this story. Literally, this is the description if you choose to bark at the next-door-neightbor's dog: "That dog is very annoying...". And that's it. So, you can see how lack of context this story has.

I don't feel this has the qualifications of a storygame. If it does somehow qualify as one, then I feel that it is a waste of time. No offence to the writer or anything.

3/8
-- Fazz on 8/4/2014 3:56:08 AM
dogs are fun 10/10
-- hello99 on 8/22/2016 5:49:15 PM
Nice, simple, cute. This would be good if you were feeling a little anxious and wanted something to do. Puppies make everything better!
-- BigEmoji on 11/4/2015 7:14:26 PM
Cute game!
-- Bolt78625 on 8/1/2015 5:49:16 PM
Meh.
-- Mushroom on 7/30/2015 9:24:17 AM
Umm.....
-- AthenaT on 5/18/2015 8:53:07 PM
A little unusual for my liking. But it is good because you've used real life ideas to make a story.
-- Creature on 3/31/2015 11:39:38 AM
The diction is simplistic and repetitive. Seeing as how this is about a rather lazy dog, the simplistic word choice is forgivable. However, I would really like it if you would work on the repetitiveness issue.
-- jamescoker1226 on 7/20/2014 7:47:16 AM