The Secret of Daphne

Player Rating0/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
based on ratings since 10/01/2012
played 17,998 times (finished 709)

"wade in shark infested water"

"It keeps going and going"

"anything goes"
Some material may be inappropriate for persons under age 18. If this were a movie, it would probably be R.

When a young family moves into the sleepy little town of Daphne, they find themselves in a virtual utopia. The small cottage they move into is lovely, but not so old that it has problems. The people are all friendly, a close knit town with a population of only 300. Both of the family's daughters begin to make friends in their new school and the husband and wife find themselves entranced with the romantic scenery.
But, if something is too good to be true, it probably is.

Disclaimer:

Graphic Violence

Drug Reference

Sexual Reference

Special Thanks:

BerkaZerka & Aman

For their invaluable feedback and help in the making of this game.

Update 1:

Fixed minor script issues

Update 2:

Fixed minor spelling/grammar errors

I loved the game. Hunting for all of the items was a lot of fun, while the nightmares were simply disgusting. I literally felt like puking during some of the sequnces.
While there were some errors grammatically (and a small bug with the code) I never felt hindered by them, and I was swept into the story, often thinking that the whole thing was happening to me. (and I'm one of those people who find it hard to become the protagonist when she's female)
The item usage was good, and it really hid a bunch of stuff. While the salvation ending was great, I actually enjoyed exile more for some odd reason. That shows that the story is enjoyable for any group, and the good endings are definitely worth playing again. (And the bad endings are certainly worth playing through.) The rating I gave it is 8/8.
-- Aman on 9/30/2012 1:08:32 AM with a score of 1000
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Some of the pages ended up in a sort of jumbled order at times, you went back and forth with past/present tense once or twice, and some links seemed to be restricted for no reason, but overall I thought it was a great storygame.

I gave it a 8/8, and got the best score (finding all the evidence and getting the best ending). Though, I think I'll go back and get a bad ending or two, since others seem to be saying they were pretty gruesome.

I also laughed harder than I should have when you scream obscenities at your 4 year old sister.
-- Killa_Robot on 9/28/2012 9:47:30 PM with a score of 1000
This story serves up a nice slice of the creeps! It's well written with an engaging story and a decent amount of items and secrets to keep you snooping through the entire time. It also incorporates a very creative timetable of events that runs in the background - and will run right over you if you don't keep up! I look forward to even more great stories from simplesabley in the future =)
-- BerkaZerka on 9/28/2012 5:23:47 PM with a score of 1000
I loved how the game rewarded you for exploring. The plot is interesting, items are used perfectly, and the pieces of the puzzle fit together perfectly. The "dream" sequences were disgusting, and I loved it.
-- TheStarter on 1/13/2017 9:48:04 PM with a score of 50
I already knew the answer to all the questions but the book said I didn't?
-- GigaKnight on 12/19/2016 2:16:44 PM with a score of 50
Now, let me start by saying: BEST AND HARDEST STORY EVER.

I could not figure out the ending with the secret code, because I probably missed something earlier in the book. Luckily, to get the good ending, you don't need the secret code.
-- Ethananous512 on 11/9/2016 2:43:51 AM with a score of 0
A challenge at its best! The numbers were a bit tricky (I admit to looking at the comments for that!) One of the top cyoa games I think. Not really all that linear and the timeskip option was interesting (and tempting at points). A solid 8/10 but probably closer to 9 for how interesting it was.
-- MadRabbit on 10/3/2016 11:55:45 AM with a score of 50
Lovely story. About to replay a few parts to see if i can get some more endings. Nice job!
-- maenixon on 5/20/2016 11:31:06 AM with a score of 0
This was great! Had a lot of grammatical mistakes, and there were a few weird slides where the paragraphs repeated themselves. Other than that, the game is pretty difficult, and very interesting.
-- TheStarter on 4/23/2016 10:09:54 AM with a score of 0
Best Game EVER!!!!!!!!!
OMG, it was SOOO AMAZING! I will definitely play this storygame again and again until i find everything. my thanks to the author for making such a fabulous story!
-- Karateprincezzz on 4/23/2016 8:12:05 AM with a score of 50