The Secret of the Mysterious Door

Player Rating4.05/8

"#276 overall, #29 for 2013"
based on 159 ratings since 10/14/2013
played 1,559 times (finished 182)

"march in the swamp"

"A well spent lunch break"

"must be at least this tall to play"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 10. If this were a movie, it would probably be between G and PG.

Tags

RPG

A normal day at school. With quizzes. And experiments. And monsters. And traps. And a mysterious door you surely want to know more about.

The storygame is riddled with spelling and grammar mistakes, so I will say this yet again: proofread your work. It may be a tedious and seemingly useless task, but it will so helpful once you finish the storygame and publish it. I'd say you should go through this and tweak some things, along with the spelling/grammar.

The writing is choppy and simple. It's not interesting or structured, and really needs to be redone. This whole story needs to be redone, honestly. The idea was fine, it just wasn't used wisely and with the best of attention and skill.

The plot line was excellent, and I was very entertained as the story progressed. You did a very nice job with keeping a nice pace and didn't end the storygame too quickly or obviously. I'm very satisified with trending I go, so that's great.

Just never forget to listen to the advice people give you and proofread your work! ^~^

4/8
-- Nyctophilia on 3/30/2017 9:42:28 PM
Very, very random. It was extremely linear at multiple points and I barely understood what was happening at some points because the situations made little to no sense. For example...

"Suddenly, the floor beneath your feet vanishes and you fall into a bottomless hole."

Ok. So, for no logical reason, the floor just vanishes and I die? Ok then.

But I guess I did like the plot. It's very interesting to see someone make a school based story with a mystery aspect.

The setting was a bit dull and not very well fleshed out, but hey, it's better then some stories on here.

Character development wasn't exactly 10/10, but it was definitely there, little or not.

3/8.
-- MinnieKing on 3/28/2017 1:19:07 AM
A pretty decent storygame. ^_^

Yes, it was somewhat random as far as the 'mystery' and adventure goes in this, but this wasn't a bad story by any means. The writing is good, though sometimes I couldn't help but feel that it lacked imagination or detail for when such things were crucial. I must say that this seems like a storygame that would've benefited greatly from the use of the advanced editor, because it automatically assumes the player to have items that they wouldn't have obtained unless going through certain scenarios. That's an issue, because it somewhat makes this storygame feel a bit disconnected in its presentation unfortunately.

Also, there are deaths in this game that seem to come at the player at random and there's not much here in terms of characterization. For the most part though, this does remain a pretty decently made story. Minor issues with grammar aside and such.

If anything, despite some flaws this was quite enjoyable and I look forward to reading more from this writer.
-- TharaApples on 3/21/2017 12:02:34 AM
at the part where I broke down the wall I didn't see any math symbols to know if I was adding subtracting or dividing so I had to just guess what was the correct door
-- ApeKing4 on 4/22/2017 11:09:33 AM
Well. 4/8, better than most games, and there's definitely a clear story and all. I feel down a hole...
-- HarryPotter156 on 4/13/2017 12:33:29 PM
Nice plot :))
It'll be nice if you make it longer and more riddle :))
-- LOLiHAVEnoFACE on 4/7/2017 4:10:58 AM
This is a really nice storygame, but I think you should have used the advanced editor for the items since you could cheat by picking the right link even though you haven't got that item yet in the story; It's also really cool since you get certain objects/info from your classes that will help you later.
The 'wake up' or 'sleep some more' options are a little cliche tho.
P.S. I ditched the girl for the treasure. I'm heartless :P
-- Yuisawachelsa on 1/11/2017 11:17:23 PM
it could use more detail did i win or did i lose
-- tommyboy987 on 12/14/2016 2:35:16 PM
Really good! I hope your game becomes more popular but I will probably replay it to see other options!
-- Nick on 11/14/2016 1:55:49 PM
This was a fun little game, I actually think i chose the best options. I think you could apply this into more games so good luck to you.
-- Jose Diaz on 6/1/2016 11:42:04 AM