The Story of the Bible

Player Rating4.20/8

"#394 overall, #32 for 2011"
based on 133 ratings since 12/13/2011
played 1,303 times (finished 117)

"wandering through the desert"

"So short yo' momma thought it was a recipe"

"appropriate for all ages"
Stories with this maturity level will not, by design, have any potentially objectionable content. An example of a type story with this rating would be a quiz on mathematics.

This is a creative retelling of the story of the Holy Bible. In a way it can be used to quiz oneself and others of their knowledge of the Bible narrative. When one chooses story options that do not correspond to the actual events of the Bible, the story will come to a quick end.

Created by: Rob Frampton, Brandon Hall, Kristin Arnesen, and Andrei Yaholkovsky.

I thought this was a great game. It was very interesting and tells a story that's pretty relevant today even for non-Christians as it tells us the mindset of people back then and tells us about a massive religious influence today. There were a few Biblical mistakes, like the Serpant not actually being Satan but being an actual Serpant in the original story and "40 Days and Nights" being a phrase that meant a long time rather than an actual period of time. Other than that I thought it was pretty interesting.
-- Steve24833 on 3/31/2016 1:03:37 PM with a score of 0
it would be nice to derail the bible with your choices. good game
-- JasonX on 6/17/2017 5:19:54 AM with a score of 0
Nice. A Catholic who doesn't frequent church much here, but still found this a fun retelling. Could be longer, but i understood your focus on the main events.
-- TheFairManOfNeverland on 2/21/2017 7:48:01 PM with a score of 0
I thought this was going to be easy. And it was, until I got to the New Testament. It all went downhill from there. (I'm a Jew so I've never read the New Testament.) Also, I never heard of releasing a prisoner on Passover. I'm going to start breaking someone out of jail every Passover! But really though, it was a well put together journey through the Bible and is a great way to test your memory on some of the most popular points in the Bible.
-- Orange on 1/14/2017 2:37:05 AM with a score of 0
the alternate choices could be funnier. maybe a what if scenario of jesus laying the smack down on judas with his holy power. good game though
-- JasonX on 11/29/2016 9:01:50 PM with a score of 0
More of a quiz that a choose your own story. Still a good overview of the highlights of the bible stories
-- BigRonn77 on 7/7/2016 3:35:00 PM with a score of 0
Thank you for making this game. It is brilliant. My only complaint is that the questions are quite easy if you have read through the bible before.
-- HerobrineBlockson1 on 11/17/2015 12:50:02 PM with a score of 0
Not quite a story; not quite a quiz.
-- jamescoker1226 on 11/6/2015 11:16:05 PM with a score of 0
This was just bad. There were no choices at all! Even if you click a wrong choice, it doesn't even tell you why it is wrong. This is in no way a creative retelling of the bible. It's just stories from the bible with one correct option on the bottom of the page.

I'm atheist, but I do know basics of the bible from my cousins and some friends and what not. And I do not see any variations. I'm guessing the only reason this is rated a 4/8 is because other religious people appreciate seeing this on a non religeon-based website. This belongs in the everything else section since it is a quiz. This isn't a fan-fiction because all it is is a watered down version of the stories. 2/8.
-- SonicTurboTurtle on 11/3/2015 8:17:56 PM with a score of 0
This game is pretty good! i love that you put a game like that on here!
-- Jesus Freak on 8/19/2015 9:46:45 AM with a score of 0