Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Multiple Topics

2 years ago

Just a few questions I have that I wasn't able to find the answers to (either out of being too far into the archives, my own ignorance, or it doesn't exist yet in the forums), so I've been directed here with my queries.

1) If possible, would anyway mind copy/pasting me the instructions on both how to update the CYS appearance, as well as customizing storygame appearances? Alternatively a link toward any forums answering these is equally as suitable.

2) Is music a possible option to add to storygames? Background ambience for a more immersive experience, for example. I feel pretty confident in assuming that this doesn't exist, but I figured I'd ask anyway, just in case.

Thank you.

Multiple Topics

2 years ago
For #1, I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking about the CYS plug in? I can't find my link for that, but I'm sure mizal will be along soon if that's what you're looking for. She used to have that on her profile, but it's not there any more.

But then you ask about customizing storygames? Is that for ones you're writing? In that case, use HTML.

For #2, you can, but few people actually appreciate it. Yes, you can add it in, but that would be using HTML as well.

Multiple Topics

2 years ago
1. You can use the rich text editor to set normal things like font, bolding, etc. while you write. Or use actual HTML tags and do it from the plaintext editor, but there's no official place to do things like set the background colors of the pages. There's a way to make things better for you, though, with the site extension (edge/chrome). It has dark mode and updates everything to look a lot more modern. Also works on Firefox, if that's your gig

2. Not officially, but since you can use HTML, yes. I don't have all the specifics for that, but google would. Just try to warn people there's music (if it auto-plays) and make it toggle-able if you can so I don't have to mute the tab if I disagree with it or anything while reading. A much easier option is to just link to a YT/spotify playlist or something in the description

Good luck with the writing!

Multiple Topics

2 years ago

Thank you, both of you. I'll be sure to familiarize myself better with HTML as I educate myself.

Multiple Topics

2 years ago
Koi Koi is a good example of what's possible with HTML if you really know what you're doing, but simple formatting and appearance changes aren't very complicated.

Keep in mind that a lot of people are reading in dark mode though, so careful making any changes that clash too much with that.