Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 4/28/2019: Cannot fix him being an idiot.

Trouble when creating a new variable

5 years ago

So I was creating a new variable for a game I'm working on. I fill in the fields, then click 'create new variable', and I get sent to this page:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e2f'

Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK Game Variables'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.Game Variables'. The duplicate key value is (54027, SMARTS).

/my/adveditor/variable.asp, line 235

Not quite sure what it is, might be a problem on my end but, well, I don't understand a lick of that so if it is I apologize for bugging everyone. I'm thinking this might be similar to a problem we've had before with just about everything else on the site from stories to pictures to duels; the site has a maximum integer for something (in this case, variables), and when we go over that maximum we can't create more (in the past we've encountered bugs where we couldn't upload new images, duel, or even create new games).

Hopefully this is something the mods can fix fast and easy, because with 3J AWOL and Alex off doing other more important things, I don't see this getting fixed anytime soon if they can't.

5 years ago
You're trying to create a variable with the same name as one that already exists in your game.

5 years ago

And I'm a fucking idiot because apparently Mizal's right, sorry for wasting everyone's time folks. This is what I get for trying to work while exhausted I guess.