Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 6/17/2024: It's not a bug, it's a feline.

Article titled Mr. published under articles

4 months ago

Looked thorugh the Articles and found this.  Im guessing it was some kind of a test that got listed as a published article.

Mr.

It' also an Expert article.  Which might explain why I dont understand it.

4 months ago
This is a very important article. Are you suggesting it is not?

4 months ago

No.  I am merely suggesting that it might be helpful if someone could dumb it down so I can understand it.

4 months ago
How dumb do you think we are?

4 months ago

Not quite as dumb as me. 

4 months ago
That's weird. Solostrike has been dead for a long time.

I really hope someone didn't eradicate one of his existing articles somehow. I guess I'll ask Ford or Night to figure that out.

4 months ago
In his points page, he has been awarded points for writing 8 different articles. There are 7 that show up on his profile, and none of them are the Mr article. It's odd that this Mr article doesn't show up on his profile.

4 months ago
I unpublished it while I try to figure out if someone may have accidentally wiped a real article or what.

4 months ago
DB and I shall mourn the loss of knowledge to the site

4 months ago

I miss it already.  I was hoping it would bring me true enlightenment and insight into the higher workings of the CYS universe 

4 months ago
Well, Brad found the original article with the way back machine. I can only assume that someone or their cat wiped the text by accident and saved over it. But unfortunately, having unpublished it, I now have no way to republish it.

Even though it can still be accessed by the link and any mod could replace the text. It might be that solostrike himself can do it were he to log in again, but I'm not sure. Articles are one of those uh, quirky areas of the site that haven't been touched in the last couple decades, it's just never been a priority due to their quirkiness being encountered only in the rare case we have a need of a new article.

4 months ago

4 months ago
Anyway, I'll just make a thread later with the content of the original article, and repair the text itself in case solostrike ever comes back and wants to click that button. Looks like it wasn't one of his bigger and more detailed articles so at least there's that.

Personally I am going to assume it was @Will11's cat, because somebody has to be assigned blame and Thara hasn't been around.

4 months ago
It wasn't me, I only did the Writing Advice article :) I think it's just one of those rogue cyber cats that roams around the internet, settling on whatever webpage looks comfy :D