Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

GTA V

10 years ago

So i'll be picking this up at the gamestop midnight release tonight. Anyone else?

GTA V

10 years ago

Nah.  Kinda wanna check out KH3 and Watchdogs, and that's about it (or maybe dark souls 2 in the future).

GTA V

10 years ago

Im super excited. It can't be worse than GTA IV though nohting will beat San Andreas.

GTA V

10 years ago

San Andreas could only be described in two words : Black Detroit.

GTA V

10 years ago

Black detroit could only be described in one word: Detroit.

GTA V

10 years ago

Detroit can only be described in one word: Bankrupt.

GTA V

10 years ago

Lol. "Black Detroit" is a redundant statement.

I'm not getting GTA5 tonight, but I definitely plan on getting it at some point. I sort of want to wait until they come out with their game of the year edition (like I know it will have) but I'll see.

GTA V

10 years ago

Oh dude its amazing. Better than San Andreas. And that is saying something for Rockstar.

GTA V

10 years ago

Correction the game is fantastic but I am stuck as fuck, because I HAVE to buy a 6000 dollar suit and have NO idea how to make money....

The mission requires the 6k suit for me to even accept and move the story along... I did get to play the game briefly as a Rottweiler though.

GTA V

10 years ago

Can't you just go jack some cars and sell them at the junkyard or maybe rob some people?

Side missions or a gambling mini game maybe?

GTA V

10 years ago

Ya Ive been trying lol. I figured out where the side missions are. For reference, the beginning map is the size of 2/3rds of San Andreas beginning map, not to mention there are underwater missions, missions on the ocean etc etc. It's ridiculous in scope. I'd say its easily as big as all of Rockstar's games put together.

GTA V

10 years ago

I'd usually just gun down people again and again and hope they drop money...

...but this isn't San Andreas.

GTA V

10 years ago

I dunno, I was always more of a fan of Vice City than I was of San Andreas despite all the stuff in it. Guess I just liked the setting and protagonist a lot more.

One of the criticisms I heard about GTA5 were that none of the characters had any redeeming qualities and they were all criminal scumbags. Which makes me believe the reviewer had no idea what the hell these games are even about...

Second of all I say great! Glad to hear it, if I'm buying a game about being a criminal, I don't want to play the "killer with a conscience" I want to play a proper sociopath.

I'm guessing I'll be playing with Trevor a lot.

GTA V

10 years ago

Since I don't even know all their names, I'm just gonna name them by their most obvious qualities.

The black guy sees criminal heists as business.  He just wants to make some money to retire.

The ex-con is tired of the life he achieved, which includes the douchiest son and the worst family ever.  Oh well, at least they don't care about what he does, or what he might do.

The psychopath...well fuck.  How am I supposed to know what the hell he wants?  I guess he just wants to go badass if he has to  go leave the world.

GTA V

10 years ago

wait wait wait... they are all fucking psychopaths so far. Lol, Lester man... he's fucked!!!!

GTA V

10 years ago

And also for all of you, Remember please. Los Santos is a part of San Andreas, you're going to be in some familiar neighborhood. This is just like 20 years AFTER Andreas (in game time) 

On the Radio you actually here about CJ and stuff he did. Niko and Roman are (actually) in the game from GTA IV 

the scope of this game is unreal...

300 billion production cost. Made it back on preorders alone. Well done Rockstar

GTA V

10 years ago

That's certainly a lot more than what Bill Gates is worth XD

GTA V

10 years ago

thought about it but my xbox is so old (Like first gen old) it doesn't support online play anymore so I doubt it can support that big of a game.

GTA V

10 years ago

you don't need online play to play? 

GTA V

10 years ago

But GTA online is hilarious...

GTA V

10 years ago

That and the graphic drive is so old it can barely handle ac3 let alone a newer game like gta 5

GTA V

10 years ago

Ummm... you do realize that Michael already has two suits in his wardrobe, right? I mean he's a rich motherfucker, I figured he had to have some so I checked XD

GTA V

10 years ago

Maybe he spent all his money on weapons. First thing I did when I unlocked Michael I bought a shitload of weapons and ammo, though I still had around 2000 left over.

But I haven't gotten to that mission where you ned a 6000 dollar suit yet. Still haven't played very far yet though, just haven't had the time to do so.

GTA V

10 years ago

there's one where you need to wear a suit to set up for the jewelry heist so they don't wonder why a guy wearing a wife beater and sweatpants is walking into a jewelry store, but they need one from the wardrobe.

GTA V

10 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB9Asn7AXLI

GTA V

10 years ago

I'm definately getting it sometime in the future, but not now. No cash.

GTA V

10 years ago

Just bought it yesterday.

I question if Eternal will still be on schedule...

GTA V

10 years ago
I warned you. Its superb.

GTA V

10 years ago

That's just it, I haven't even played that far yet. I got as far as installing it in the wee hours of the night, played through the snowy prologue and then the black dude's first car jacking mission and then I saved in his house.

I can already tell this game is going to have a shitload of stuff to do and explore.

GTA V

10 years ago

I recommend doing all the Strangers and Freaks missions to enjoy GTA at its core nature.

GTA V

10 years ago

yeah what swift said

GTA V

10 years ago

HOLY SHIT TITTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES!!!!! We inherited an estate a few months back and a diamond was just sold to a collector so we now have thousands of dollars in the bank. So gues what Bo's gettiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing?

GTA V

10 years ago

Everything on this list?

http://www.cracked.com/article_19488_14-luxury-sex-toys-extremely-rich-creepy.html

GTA V

10 years ago

Still not as bad as the restaurant for rich pervs that allows you to fuck the animal they'll kill and cook after you're done.

GTA V

10 years ago

.............. What?

GTA V

10 years ago

Some restaurant in Japan, I think I saw in one of those articles.

Of course this being the internet it might be just be an urban legend story, but it wouldn't surprise me if something like that really existed somewhere.

GTA V

10 years ago

Ha! You think that restaurant is weird?

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/japanese-chef-cooks-genitals-serves-paying-customers/

GTA V

10 years ago

On a completely unrelated note, do you know anyone who wants to make a quick 800 euros?

GTA V

10 years ago

Pussies. I will have your entire family shot in the back of the head with a small-gauge silenced weapon.

GTA V

10 years ago

A bit more tame, but still pretty weird-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2178136/Japanese-robot-bar-tempts-customers-creepy-fem-bots--controlled-actual-women.html

GTA V

10 years ago

So getting back on track…

I played up to the first jewelry store heist so far and while I like that the characters aren't guilt ridden about doing their criminal activities, I don't find Michael or Franklin to be outright psychopaths.

Michael goes back and forth about trying to do what he thinks is the "right thing" to fix his horribly dysfunctional family. So he's got a bit of a conscience of sorts. Actually he reminds me of an older Tommy Vercetti from Vice City, like if Tommy had lived a long criminal life and then "retired" when he made enough to be comfortable. (He even looks a little like him and makes more than a few 80s references)

Franklin is more or less just trying to better his status in life and even though he's going about it in a negative way he's at least smart enough to realize he needs to move beyond the simple hood life. I like him better than I did CJ who I'm guess he's supposed to be similar to, though he seems a little more ambitious and not as tied to the idea of what gang he's associated with.

So far Lester doesn't seem that bad either. He's quirky and got some problems, but so far he's not nearly as fucked up as many other Rockstar characters tend to be.

GTA V

10 years ago
Lester had you kill the facebook CEO guy just because he didnt like a press conference. He laughed about how his head exploded lol.

GTA V

10 years ago

Yeah I did that mission. Probably says something about me that I didn't find that to be especially psychopathic. Lol.

I dunno, I think due to it being a GTA game stuff like criminal activity and murder are so common place that it takes someone REALLY over the top for me to think of them as a complete psycho.

When I first went into Lester's house I thought he was going to have sex toys and jars of his pee and crap lying about or something since he looked like a complete shut in pervert/conspiracy theorist nut at first.

GTA V

10 years ago

Dude Lester reminds us EXACTLY of this kid who won't stop bothering us who lives on our hall. Everything down to the hair (in the opening scene when he was younger) to the face to how he'll widen his eyes and get a more aggressive tone without looking at you is exactly like him. It's kinda creepy, but we all had a good time when we thought he was killed off in the bank level.

GTA V

10 years ago

Just unlocked Trevor. Now this guy is definitely a psycho. Lol.

And Johnny must've fell on some really hard times after Liberty City, pretty ignoble end for him.

GTA V

10 years ago

Myeh he deserved it. I never much liked Johnny, instead of trying to get himself out of bad situations he'd keep going back to the same old ones. Like literally RIGHT after Trevor was done fucking her he said he still loved his girlfriend and wanted her back.... that is before his brains ended up on Trevor's shoe.

On a side note, the Lost MC seems to have hit a pretty big down spiral. They're not even large enough to take on a small meth operation when they used to be a group you were legitimately afraid of.

GTA V

10 years ago

I laughed at Johnny when he got booted.  All that hard work for nothing, I guess.

GTA V

10 years ago

Hell Trevor even killed Johnny's two buddies Clay and Terry and you can run over Ashley when she's crying over his body. He basically killed most of the Lost characters that survived Liberty City and then pretty much wiped out the Lost MC Blaine County Chapter all by himself.

I didn't mind Johnny and I liked him better than Luis, but these characters are criminals so if they get killed at some point in the ongoing story it shouldn't be too surprising. I think some people got pissed/upset when Johnny showed up as a methhead loser that got his brains splattered, I say Trevor just put him out of his misery. Lol.

GTA V

10 years ago

... But Johnny WAS  a methhead loser. I think people forget that too XD. Although i definately do like his story line more than Gay Tony's

GTA V

10 years ago

Definitely a lot more story in terms of plot, where as Gay Tony was just the short, gay version of all GTAs.

Do a task, repeat, do a task for GTony and friends, repeat, keep on going...

GTA V

10 years ago

3 protagonists and they're all American men?, its an insult to my entire gender (we're gamers too!, played GTA since the first on the original playstation.) and every other nationality on earth, but then one cannot convince an American that the rest of world actually exists, I think they assume the rest of the world is a myth, 300 million Americans, which would make it an insult to 5.6 billion people, not including the insult to American woman, its a disgrace, equality my arse, that being said... getting it when I get around to going to town, is it out in the UK yet?, typical that the U.S gets it first, regardless of rockstar being a  British company, they may have stolen our...just about everything ever produced or invented in Britain (or Germany), but you will never take Doctor Who!.

GTA V

10 years ago

I really hope that you don't take (too) much offense to the following statement:

Oh my god you oversensitive fuck.

Why the hell do people gripe about what nationality or gender their fucking video game character is?

Do you not understand how ridiculous it is to care about something so inane and meaningless?

Do you not understand that it means literally nothing that they make the character a white American instead of any other gender or ethnicity?

It's not someone bashing on women or other nations! It's them not caring about such small, worthless details! 

GTA V

10 years ago

Besides there are games that have main characters different races and genders...

Tomb Raider? Its a girl right?

And other games.

GTA V

10 years ago

Not to mention the last GTA game's main character was from the Balkans with pretty much every American interacting with him being an ignorant racist.

GTA V

10 years ago

I always figured the Rockstar was satirizing american culture with the GTA series and it works for them so why change the formula?

As far as the protagonists' ethnicity are concerned they've been pretty egalitarian, so far they've already made

2 black (CJ and Franklin)
2 latin (Vic and Luis who are both specifically Dominican)
1 asian (Huang)

Out of the 7 white guys (Claude, Tommy, Toni, Niko, Johnny, Michael and Trevor) most of them still qualify as being "diverse"

Claude is a mute, making him a handicapped protagonist.
Trevor is bisexual, so that covers the non-straight protagonist.
Niko is a Balkan European immigrant and not an American
Johnny is Jewish.
Tommy and Toni are Italian.

Basically Michael is the only non-handicapped straight WASPy American male protagonist.

Technically they did have a couple of female protagonists in the very first GTA, but they were just portraits the player could choose to represent themselves.

I do sort of wonder a female protagonist would be like if Rockstar ever made one for the GTA series.

GTA V

10 years ago

I actually kind of want to see one. But of course when you go to strip clubs as a male and fuck whores no one bats an eye, but when you act like a slut while playing a woman all the feminists lose their minds.

GTA V

10 years ago

So I just happened to watch a bit of game play.  The graphics are spectacular.  The depth of the world (how you can interact with everything) is insane.  Unfortunately, I feel like going on a murderous rampage whenever I hear someone say 'OG'.  If I could get a mod that replaced all the petty criminals with physicists, changed all the graffiti to display trigonometry, gave everyone a British, Swedish, Japanese, or Hipster accent, and replaced all the guns with particle accelerators..

Well, I'd be happy *shrugs*

GTA V

10 years ago

Ha ha, we actually did steal doctor who, though you're probably too young to know that. :P The 8th doctor's film was shot in America. 

So, not only did we steal doctor who, we crashed and burnt it. ^_^ 'MERICA! 

GTA V

10 years ago

Well that sucked. My ps3 hard drive somehow went nuts and I had restore the thing back to factory specs to get it working again. 

Lost all my progress. (About 21% in) Fortunately I didn't lose much else since I usually play most games on the 360.

Oh well, I'll return to the game later and focus on finishing eternal for now.