Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

My first storygame

10 years ago

Hey there,

I found this page some months ago and I love it. I've always wanted to make a storygame myself but I was too lazy most of the time. No I am training to be an English teacher (as a foreign language) and want to do a storygame with my students as a kind of experiment I've always wanted to do.

I just wrote my first attempt of a story and have some short questions.

Can I still make changes when I've already published my storygame?

Does anyone want to read my storygame and give me some tipps to improve it?

Stupid bonus question: Do I have to publish it so anyone else but me can read it?

I'd really like to do this story on Monday, so if you have some spare time, I would be very thankful for every piece of advice I can get this weekend.

By the way, could it be that most of you are a little bit strange?

I like that :)

My first double post

10 years ago

Just found out the answer to the first question myself.

I'm Simno by the way. I like stories. Who are you?

My first double post

10 years ago

Welcome!

In reply to your second question, I think many of us here will be willing to read and help improve your games. I don't quite understand what you're trying to ask in your last question though. You don't want to read your own game?

I'm Slugger, or Con (the name of my previous account) - I like fire, iced coffee, chicken and a whole bunch of other nonsense. Oh, and strange is a huge understatement to describe us XD

My first double post

10 years ago

Hey Slugger, thanks for welcoming me.

You are right, that question is stupid ^^. Thanks for pointing that out, I sometimes write strange things and do not even notice it.

What I actually wanted to ask is if I can show my story to people not logged into my account before I have published it (my tutor e.g.).

But I gave it a try and published it, so my question is now as irrelevant as it was stupid. 

My first double post

10 years ago

Nah, it's cool. I probably just suck at interpreting stuff. You can show other people your story without publishing it by enabling sneak preview under 'Game Options', then sending the game link to other people. You can also unpublish your storygame if you want.

My first double post

10 years ago

Cool, thanks a lot. 

Not yet published but open for advice, criticism and shitstorms:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-secret-of-the-mysterious-door

My first double post

10 years ago

Just a heads up, there's an edit button on your post! (It only works if no one's replied to you.)

Welcome to the site!

My first storygame

10 years ago

Hello! And it would be that most of us are a little bit strange - for better and for worse =P

My first storygame

10 years ago

Welcome to the site!

Yes, yes, and no.

My first storygame

10 years ago

Thanks, now I found my way to handle things :)

My first storygame

10 years ago

Commented in your other thread - welcome to the Site BTW  :)

My first storygame

10 years ago

Welcome to the loony bin! :)