Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

They told you playing games would rot your brain..

10 years ago

10 years ago

Well, really its just players of foldit who have proved that their game is good.

10 years ago

dont be a nay sayer!

Gamers contributed to the international science community. be proud!!!

:)

10 years ago

What? You call me betrayer to my own kind?!

-a citybuilding gamer

10 years ago

:) 

10 years ago

sad

10 years ago

I love city building games man. They are great. I love micro/macro managing things liks the older sim city games let you do etc.

Awesome genre.

10 years ago

zork.

10 years ago

Playing games made me the only kid in my 7th grade class reading Steve Jobs' biography and H.P. Lovecraft. Your logic is wibbly wobbly timey wimey, "Them"!

10 years ago

lol

10 years ago

All the dumb kids in my class read the good ol' Steve jobs picture books...

10 years ago

You mean those new-fangled light-y tablets?

Nah, I speak of the big-ass black-and-white covered Walter Isaacson one the size of your average Harry Potter novel. Picture books are for dumbfags, unless they're those funny little kids books that contain genuine wit and not 'duck says "Quack", Cow says "Moo"!'

10 years ago

Oh, nevermind haha. Personally started reading heinlein in 7th grade.

And, Yes, who doesn't love those animal sound picture books. ;-)

10 years ago

Fox says "DINGDINGDINGDINGding-geh-dingdingding-geh-ding!"

If you're out to read some writing so crappy that it makes the ground boil into mud beneath your feet, the sound picture books go well with a side of Mein Kampf... How utterly stupid it is, it probably sounds better in German, but he still has all the logic of a 2nd grader... He was never a gifted writer, should have stuck to being a postcard salesman.

10 years ago

I'm a roleplaying city builder type gamer this proves a lot though.

SCORE

GAMERS.                  PARENTS

1.                                     0

10 years ago

Parents say that gamer should get out of the basement and get a job-

SCORE

GAMERS.                  PARENTS

1.                                     9000+

10 years ago

I hate it when my parents score over 9000

10 years ago

Pretty sure 'his' general in ww1 called him an idiot XD

10 years ago

The only thing he was good for was inspiring a movie in German that we English speakers re-subtitle to make fun of him*, and for creating a group so everyone has something to hate when they need some stress relief. And for creating the only reasonably fun thing that ever came out of that crappy CoD thing.

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrHmcpRAZNs

10 years ago

uhm wow you're severely misinformed.

you are alive right? Thank Hitler because of the endless medical research that was done during his time as Major fuck up. All of our military advances we can thank him for, battle tactics we can thank him for. Civilian tech such as engine improvements for one we can thank him for, we can also thank him for COUNTLESS advances in engineering and infrastructure. 

Not saying I condone what he did because he was an idiot and a fucking piece of shit. But we owe a lot of our daily day to day to what he brought about. hate to say it but it is true.

10 years ago

You can also thank Ford for supplying the Germans with Diesel engine schematics and technology for their tank drive systems. 

Hows that America working out for ya?

10 years ago

I was simply exaggerating, but Hitler was no idiot, just crazy, 'evil'*, and really, really stubborn. He knew how to push people's buttons in just the right way, and he had some of the most genius plans to bring a country out of the economic hellpit that was 1930s-40s Germany, but he never really got to the best ones before blowing his head off...

We can also thank him for inspiring the Allies to make mines that look like camel poopoo. (true story)

*although, if you've read the religions thread, you know I don't believe in true evil...

10 years ago

Yeah, he found out all those medical things by testing them on Jews in the concentration camps :P

(read this in the national holocaust museum in D.C.)

10 years ago

No you can't. He killed plenty of geniuses. All the stuff his researchers found out could have been improved tenfold if he didn't kill 6 million Or so Jews, and those 5+ million handicapped, gay, ADDed, and/or gypsys he killed. 

10 years ago

im not agreeing with what he did, I personally hope there is a Hell, and when i get there i can just spend my time beating the shit out him and people like him.

10 years ago

Of course you don't. :P

Just pointing out the flaws in that way of thinking, he killed brilliant people. We owe him nothing, since everything his researchers found would have been found, and probably more had he not killed 11 million. 

10 years ago

He did make a lot of advances for the world but for the price of over 11 million (roughly)? not worth it. Everything could of improved a tenfold with the geniuses he killed I agree. I personally like this quote it speaks to me. It truely represents the terribly things that happened

Carved into the wall of a concentration camp by unknown Jewish prisoner.

"If their is a god, he will have to ask for my forgiveness."

But on the subject grrr parents

10 years ago

It's not that it wasn't worth it, it's that it probably made a huge negative. 

The 11 million who died, out of them, how many could have been scholars? Thousands? Millions? How many could of improved our world? 

10 years ago

If he was so smart, why did he chase out Albert Einstein, Kurt Godel, etc? He literally could've been ruling the world if he didn't try to kill all the Jewish scientists (though Godel admittedly wasn't Jewish, but he left for similar reasons)

10 years ago

Exactly! The fact that he was so anti Jewish, homosexuals and mental disorders he would have been able to rule much more effectively. So many of those people would have made huge advances in the fields of science and medicine. Much more them experiments of war like poisons. Who knows? Maybe one of those people had the cure for cancer idea.

10 years ago

I love H.P. Lovecraft

10 years ago

Back on topic this is what happens when you play toooo many video games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ4d2Y-uHAQ

10 years ago

They disgrace us....

10 years ago

it is hilarious...

10 years ago

Disgraceful hilarity... Like when a sea of fat drunk hookers sings the national anthem whilst getting beaten and raped to death by an equally numerous amount of Endmaster clones in S&M gear shitting on the corpses of all the great world leaders and best authors while watching the original Dark Shadows...

10 years ago

...and then cleaning up for the final battle between the mustached people and the penguin worshipers?

10 years ago

...and then wiping the blood all over our fine peaceful forums...