Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Online Games

10 years ago

Online Games

10 years ago

Stick War 1&2. Both amazing games. :)

Also Hex Empire is good once in a while.

Online Games

10 years ago

I've played Stick War 1&2, I enjoyed them, but I found the giants to be underpowered in the second

I haven't played Hex Empire before, I'll try it out sometime.

Online Games

10 years ago

I agree with the giant thing. I found the 2nd game to be hard up until you got to the last level. 

Though that might have something to do with me sitting on half of the maps gold when the Medusa lady came out. So losing the army I had was not much of a setback. lol

Online Games

10 years ago

Candy Box and A Dark Room

Plenty of gameplay from both of these two. I also like Rebuild 1 & 2.

Online Games

10 years ago

Rebuild 2: one of the best zombie strategy games i've ever seen, downloaded or otherwise.

Online Games

10 years ago

My favorites: 

Runescape

Dueling network

Online Games

10 years ago

I'm not really a fan of Runescape personally, I don't really like MMOs

Online Games

10 years ago

*High-five

Online Games

10 years ago

Guys, have you heard? Runescape's coming out with a new dragon-themed quest!

EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GkexUNh2Pc

Online Games

10 years ago

No one caught my joke?

Online Games

10 years ago

*Returned

Online Games

10 years ago

Not a fan of MMOs, is Runescape good?

Online Games

10 years ago

I love that Game! I play it almost daily. I have controlled an entire large city once.

Online Games

10 years ago

I love Rebuild 1 & 2, I can't ever beat a difficulty higher than normal, but absolutely love the mechanics. I can't wait for Rebuild 3!

I haven't heard of Candy Box or A Dark Room, I'll try them out sometime soon.

Online Games

10 years ago

I'm going to attempt Rebuild 2 on harder modes once I finish at least one playthrough of Eternal. I didn't expect that storygame to be so long, even though the name and description should have been a big clue.

Candy Box and a Dark Room are browser based games with simple graphics but fun gameplay. Also, quick warning, it is an idle game.

Online Games

10 years ago

Eternal is sooo long, every part is enjoyable, but damn! My first my through was on True Eternal (possible spoilers ahead btw) and the one where the Eternal (Does he have a proper name?) goes to the future and I thought this was the end, then I had to 'fix' the future . . .

I don't really mind idle games, some I enjoy, others I'd like to torch.

Online Games

10 years ago

It really is. It's games like this that makes me glad there's a save option. I get the feeling I'm going to need to use it a lot to get more than one epilogue. I don't think the Eternal has a name, but it works in CYOA.

There are some really bad Idle games out there, but I think these two are the better ones. I still have to try Cookie Clicker. A Dark Room has a surprising amount of story and twists, even if an overall plot is absent. Candy Box is fun, but I won't lie and say it doesn't get boring after a while. It also lacks any story whatsoever, but I think the gameplay makes up for it.

Online Games

10 years ago

Oh, I also forgot. Innkeeper - the one not by Endmaster - is also fun. There's a lot going on in that game compared to most games like it.

Online Games

10 years ago

I really liked the Sonny series on armorgames, That was really fantastic, quite possibly my favorite game on ArmorGames, if not my favorite flash games. The MARDEK chapters were also quite good.

Online Games

10 years ago

I've never gotten around to playing the first sonny, I did the intro of the second, but even though I enjoyed it I just kind of forgot about it. I've been meaning to get back to it, but I'm usually spending my free time here, playing Dead Space, or playing Road of the Dead 2 (also an online game, on Newgrounds and Kongregate).

Online Games

10 years ago

It's actually worth doing both, though the boss fights get pretty hard. Can't wait until he finishes the third one ^_^

The author made another game called, "Sinjid," different format, but good as well.

Online Games

10 years ago

I don't really mind difficult bosses or extreme length, I've beaten Deus Ex Human Revolution 11 times, Fallout New Vegas 7 times and Fallout 3 twice. I played 'Sinjid' actually, I enjoyed it, also never finished, but that was because I watched my friend finish . . .

Online Games

10 years ago

Sonny is good, like really good, but I just never gave myself the time to finish the series yet. I really need to get to finishing that. Now, if only I remember where I left off. 

Online Games

10 years ago

K.O.L.M 1&2 (Extremely strange game, to say the least)

The ocean around me series (Trapped on an island, inexplicably enjoyable)

The mardek chapters (Best online games of all time)

Ether war (Pretty fun, short game)

Necronator (Not the second one)

Thelemite (For mindless destruction on an awesome level)

Company of myself (Very nice philosophical game)

Socrates Jones (Basic philosophical debate game - very basic representations of the philosophers, but not too shabby at least)

Battle for Wayland keep (Gameplay was boring and repetitive, but the in-between fight dialogue was enjoyable, especially the one with the pot-smoking guy)

Telepath RPG chapters (Hint: You're a telepath)

Soul tax (You're a ghost, and you can possess people!)

The sagitarian series (It's actually a chooseyourownstory)

Plasma burst series (Like a better version of Raze)

Frontier (Gets old after a while, but it's fun while it lasts)

Book of mages series (Surprisingly enjoyable)

Feudalism 1-2 (and eventually 3) (Nice war simulator, sort of)

---

(I know this might sound like quite a few, but through years of occasionally playing games online, my favorites list has expanded quite a bit, and these were the hall of famers)

Online Games

10 years ago

Well, that pretty much covers my list...

Online Games

10 years ago

Never played most of those. I'll have to check them out when I have time. :)

Online Games

10 years ago

Oh, and there's also "World's end: Chapter one"

While only the first chapter has been released, it looks to be a promising and enjoyable game, with some very humorous dialogue and mildly interesting combat.

There's also "Batlle for Wesnoth", a free (though you have to download it) game that is a very nice (Though only, like, 1/10 realistic) fantasy war simulator.

Online Games

10 years ago

Hm, never played that one. Although one of my favorites is the Stick RPG games, 1 gets old after you've covered all the "bigness" of it and decided to spend eternity selling cocaine and buying stocks, but 2 is amazing.

Online Games

10 years ago

I've actually played most of these, lets see . . . :

K.O.L.M.: Check, I actually really enjoy these 'Metroid like' flash games. I'd suggest the 'Robot Wants ____' series (Cat and Puppy are ok, but Ice Cream is my favorite) if you haven't tried them out.

I played Necronator, but wasn't a fan personally

Company of Myself was spectacular for me, did you know about the prequel 'Fixation'?

I played Socrates Jones and made it all the way to the end, but still can't beat the Arbiter =(

The Sagitarian series is what inspired me to google zombie CYOA, and find this site.

I sent a lot of time playing Frontier, and it does get pretty stale

I played Feudalism 2 a long while ago, never got arroun to the first . 

The Ocean, The Mardek Chapters, Ether War, Thelemite, Battle for Wayland, Telepath RPG, Soul Tax, Plasma and Books of Mages will be played sometime soon I suspect.

If you can bare repetitive gameplay for amazing story, I recommend 'RPG Shooter: Starwish' on Kongregate.

Online Games

10 years ago

Also played Starwish, but i'm not exactly a fan of dating sims (Which was essentially what it ended up being at the end).

Yes, I did play Fixation, but didn't find it nearly as fun as company of myself.

As for the arbiter: Really? I found Kant to be the most difficult (As well as Protagoras, since my on personal philosophies are actually quite in line with both of them).

But the arbiter was quite easy to argue against. Which argument did you get stuck on? (there are four against him)

Online Games

10 years ago

I think it was the second, at that point I was pretty worn after Kant and John Mill and if I tried again I'd probably do better (I tend to sit down and finish a game in one sitting if possible).

I liked Company of myself better also, but I enjoyed seeing the other side and figuring out what caused Jack to do what he did.

As for Starwish, I'm not a dating sim fan either, but I really enjoyed all the characters and the plot twists, seeing how each one was motivated differently and how they related in a more profound way to the story that just being present. I ended up with the Swig ending first, then Johnny, and then all the girls except Ginny (damn you 'no deaths' rule!) and hence not the special ending.

Online Games

10 years ago

Oh, the ending for Jones is good

You get to see Kant do some more crazy shit, and you crap all over Euthagoras one more time.

For the second argument, you have to do the following:

Ask him to press for backing on his third? Fourth statement? He says something about one of the answers in the infinite answers available being the one infallible argument, and there you have to press him for backing.

Online Games

10 years ago

I'll get to beating it some time, thanks for the help! I can't wait for Kant's utter insanity to resume! =P (I still don't know what Kant's ideas are . . . )

Online Games

10 years ago

MARDEK was great.

Online Games

10 years ago

double post

Online Games

10 years ago

Despite all these games of considerable substance, I still think Frog Fractions is spectacular. It kind of fell apart at the end, but I still loved it. That one pixelated Wagon Adventures thing in which you could jump over a river was fun too.

Online Games

10 years ago

Wow, no one mentioned any SAS Zombie Assault games. 

I'm shocked!

Online Games

10 years ago

I have SAS 3 on my Ipod, along with SAS TD (I have a love/hate with that game . . . )

Online Games

10 years ago

A Dark Room is the shit. I'll spend hours upon hours playing it.

Online Games

10 years ago

Heh, that was a good game..

Online Games

10 years ago

It was entertaining while it lasted. lol

Online Games

10 years ago

Battalion, Epic War, Bloons TD, AQ Worlds, boxhead, Age of war, Feudalism, Rebuild 2, Pandemic and Bubble tanks

Online Games

10 years ago

Woohoo! Feudalism 3 was released today!

Online Games

10 years ago

Thanks for the info going to play that now.

Online Games

10 years ago

Gonna check it out.

Online Games

10 years ago

Not sure if these are mentioned above, but...

-BTD4

-AQW

-Runescape

-Stick Wars

I don't play online games much though, I tend to stick to Steam games more.

Online Games

10 years ago

Runescape seems popular here.

Online Games

10 years ago

Ah, my massively overpowered Mage was wonderful to play :)
(Just spam thunderstorms and you annihalate everything!)

Too bad there's never any real challenge in these games, the armies are never as good as your own. Still though, the annihalation is nice.

Online Games

10 years ago

Agreed

Online Games

10 years ago

Wouldn't the game on this site count? :P

Anyway, those aren't my top 5 ever, but the top 5 I can think off right now.

So, in no particular order

1) Socrates Jones: Pro Philo - http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/625356 Game where you debate your way through the afterlife. Really educative and fun, but not for everyone

2) How to Raise a Dragon - http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/502747 Now, this choice is biased by nostalgia but I recall LOVING the game when I fist played it. Pretty simple game, not much to do but have a nice atmosphere. Other games made by the same guy are also good

3) Book of Mages: Dark Times - http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/560224 Both this and its prequel are gold. I reccomend this to everyone.

4)Freefall tournament !- http://www.kongregate.com/games/freerangegames/freefall-tournament Best online 3d shooter. Great time waster. Only problem is that not many people chat and it feels like you are playing against bot due to how stupid they are.

5)Air Pressure - http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/529708 Amazing visual novel, with a great teaching and setting. A great game that all of you should give a try.

Honorable mentions:

CS portable: It is CS 1.6 but limited. Pretty good for browser

MeetnFuck series... would have been on the list but I don't think posting the link would be aproppriate.

Online Games

10 years ago

Socrates jones and book of mages I already mentionned, but  completely forgot about how to raise a dragon! That one also has my reccomendation.

Online Games

10 years ago

If you feel troll-ful, picking at the brains of 6 year olds on those silly kids chat sites, (Like Zookazoo before the rules gt incredibly stringent and everybody left) is fun, if you can tolerate blatant stupidity without your head imploding.

I like Pandemic (FUCKING MADAGASCAR!!!) and various roguelikes, (That hackslashcrawl game was fun) as well. Mostly because I can find them where the school doesn't block them.