Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Any sites like this?

9 years ago

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any places out there that are fairly similar to this site, besides Infinite Story and Twine. I really don't care if they have anything like the advanced editor; I'm just looking for another free place to make storygames, text-based adventures, and the like.

Any sites like this?

9 years ago

choiceofgames.com

Any sites like this?

9 years ago

What...CYS not good enough for you?! o-O

Anyway, choiceofgames.com is the only ones I can think of besides the ones you mentioned.

Any sites like this?

9 years ago

Choiceofgames - They have a good active community, though their writing program is more code based. I find it simpler to write on this site haha. They have some good games too, and they have a few good ones WIP.

Project AON http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Home - Has most of the LoneWolf CYOA books and all of them are published there with the author's permission. I grew up playing those games and I highly recommend them. The later ones in particular were good. The first book is awful in comparison so it's worth sticking with it.

Otherwise there's other sorts of sites that cater to Visual Novels (similar concept) such as RenPy and various others I won't put down because plenty of them are NSFW but you could always check the VisualNovel  Database if it takes your curiosity. :)

Any sites like this?

9 years ago

Ren'Py is much more code-based than CYS, though.  (Since it's meant for visual novels)

If you're specifically looking to write text-based adventure stories, there aren't a lot of sites, I think.

Any sites like this?

9 years ago

I don't think there is a forum community like this other than IS.I'm not sure if any of the ones below have any story making tools.

The Interaction Fiction Database has links to a lot of gamebooks.

Varytale has some good books but some are not finished unfortunately.

Zarf’s Interactive Fiction has a few books but I haven't played them.

Create Your Own Adventure looks like a Wikipedia page. It has a lot of stories on there.

Emily Short's Interactive Storytelling is Emily shorts website. I'm pretty sure she has links to her stories there.

StoryNexus has a lot of interactive fiction.

The Border House has some games on it.

Any sites like this?

9 years ago

It's going to exist in the future...after you fulfilled your ambition of which that you told me? Or was that just angry mutterings of a capricious young man? xD