Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Test Run: The Character Creator in My Storygame

9 years ago

Ok! I fixed a bunch of stuff that you guys said needed fixing and now it is ready for Trial Run 2! Please check out the character creator for my storygame (link found below) and tell me what you think!

DO NOT COMMENT ON THE STORYGAME AS IT IS NOT FINISHED YET!

PM me or post on this thread to tell me what you thought and if there are any other problems that need to be addressed. Thank you for your help and if things here go smoothly, I'll be able to start writing the actual story! :D

9 years ago

Here's the link! Check it out!

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/broken-shadows

9 years ago

Worked great. Kudos for taking the time to implement name selection!

9 years ago

9 years ago
Worked perfectly for me.

9 years ago

worked really well. This is shaping up to be a 7 already.

9 years ago

Just curious, but why can't you test play it yourself rather then asking a bunch of other people to try it? If you're going to make a story long enough that you fulfill the promise of a great story that it shows in the beginning by going through all that trouble to set up characterization, then you're going to have a bunch of threads saying that you've updated this or that.

9 years ago

When you're programming something, it's always good to get feedback from testers who aren't you. You know how the system is 'supposed' to be used, so that's how you use it. 'Naive' testers are much more likely to find the bugs, if any.

9 years ago

Thanks for supporting me Morgan!

I'm glad everything is working well now!

If when the first update of the actual story comes out and you find anything wrong or think that it needs to be revised, just let me know! I'm off to work on it now! Thanks for all your support everyone! :D

9 years ago

Good luck! 

9 years ago

Wow, this is way better than the first version, and I think it's great that you let us play the story (I'm not sure if it's just a bit, or the whole thing, because I just closed it out after the character maker was done). Anyway, I'm looking forward to the full thing!