Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

The Powder Toy!

9 years ago

www.powdertoy.co.uk

So I've been hooked to this game, for like a week since I downloaded it. It's basically a simulation game, where you get a big open sandbox and materials. Materials like water, lava, powder, sand, dust, earth, yeast, gas, snow, ice, fire, metals, etc, but also more unusual things like nitrogen, rubidium, sub-zero flame, acid, tesla coil, battery, insulator, electrons, electricity, wiring, photons, etc.

Now, with this empty sandbox and a catalog of materials, you can build and make whatever you want. Whether you create a bustling city with scenic views and stickman people, only to raze it to the ground with a homemade nuke; or creating photon lazers; putting together homemade weapons of mass destruction; building nuclear reactors and fusers; watching life forms grow and expand; alternatively, watching those life forms being eaten away by a nasty virus; creating realistic models of the Human body; it's all up to you. 

And if you don't know how to do all of that (it's kind of confusing when you first start it, mainly because there are so many materials) you can load up other people's works and have fun with them.

The game is free. And lawls, I didn't mean to sound like an advertisement, it's just that this game is awesome.

The Powder Toy!

9 years ago

Yay, a replacement for Dan Ball's games! Good thing, too, because they don't work on my computer anymore...

The Powder Toy!

9 years ago

Dan Ball's games are fun, but very slow on my computer. That's why I stopped playing them.

The Powder Toy!

9 years ago

Wow I have a much simpler version of Powder Toy, they must have updated it heaps since then, but even without building cities and all that, I still had a tonne of fun.

The Powder Toy!

9 years ago

Fairly certain it was the trend in our school some years back where everyone had a competition to create the flashiest explosion :D

The Powder Toy!

9 years ago

Oh man, I have this, and I LOVE IT. Took me a while to find it, but I love it to the day.

The Powder Toy!

9 years ago

Looks interesting.

The Powder Toy!

9 years ago

Is it available for Mac? 

The Powder Toy!

9 years ago

Yessir. In the link I put up click "other downloads" beneath the download button.

The Powder Toy!

9 years ago

Awesome. 

The Powder Toy!

9 years ago

This reminds me of a PC game I used to play (like 20 years ago) called "Scorched Earth".  Now that was some 2P fun, right there!

The Powder Toy!

9 years ago

Holy shit... If Marvel's vibranium was anything like this game's vibranium, Captain America would have died in psychadelic fires a week after the events of the first Avenger's movie...