Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

City Sandbox Game Local/Scenario Ideas

9 years ago

I'm working on a Sandbox City Game called Life in the City, name subject to change and I could use some ideas for areas to visit and scenarios that could happen there. Out of the box thinking would be helpful.

9 years ago

Death and rape.

9 years ago

As for death, I have that if your health drops to 0 or lower.

As for rape, I somewhat want to keep the story PG-13, but I do have a portion of the game when you can get enslaved by a

noodle seller as a chef, but no rape. I think that'd be a bit too, well, vulgar.

9 years ago

Have it your way... or don't.

9 years ago

Thanks for your idea though. Every bit helps.

9 years ago

Sounds very complicated but hopefully you'll be able to finish it.

Robbery, carjacking, murder, starting a family, video gaming, school

9 years ago

Little story arcs in whatever you do, to make even the most mundane paths entertaining.

Like if you're a construction worker, you could save a kid / cat who got trapped running from someone or something for whatever reason.

Or if you're a hobo, you take on a gang and beat the shit out of them for kicks (and drugs).

Or if you're a corporate worker, you stumble onto some sensitive info that throws you into a web of scandals.

Better yet, if you're a patient on chemotherapy after working in a testing facility, you survive a massive wipeout and have to last until recovery teams reach the city.

9 years ago

Give an option for wandering the graveyard at  twelve o'clock midnight. Then, have your character wait for hours until s/he gets bored and goes home, because of course there's no such think as ghosts. What, does this look like sim city to you? Then have your character kidnapped by a vampire later that day at a Taco Bell bathroom, because those places are as haunted as fuck.

9 years ago

Wait.  Is this game about someone living in the city, or are you going to be making a city building game?

9 years ago

Someone living in the city.

9 years ago

Ah.  Okay.

9 years ago

Considering that you want to make GTA as a storygame, I'll munch on some of Fazz's ideas and add on to some.

-Gangs and robbers/burglars/overall 'bad guys'

-starting families and buying houses and cars

-choice of jobs

-plenty of variables

-use of scripting

-character creation (if you decide that the protagonist is the reader itself)