Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Links

8 years ago

Yo!

How do I put links in the center of the page? And change their color?

Thanks for any help

Links

8 years ago

For centering the links, use ul {text-align: center;}. If you want to get rid of the bullets, too, use ul {text-align: center; list-style-type: none; padding-left: 0;} instead. To change the link color, use a, a:hover {color: color;}.

Links

8 years ago

Thanks! But I am confused with scripting (hence Newbie Central), so can you clarify where I need to input the script? Is it at the script icon (which is next to the variable +- sign)  next to the link I want to change, or where? And when I insert the script it is not valid, the ul part before the {brackets}.

So say I want the link (e.g. "Start Story") in the center, gold color, with no bullet, how would the scripting look exactly (I copy it from your message) and where do I put this in?

Many thanks for the help!

Links

8 years ago

You're gonna want to go to your profile and set rich text editor off. 

Links

8 years ago

Right. You're putting it in the right place, but it's not a part of the site's scripting language. It's CSS, so you'll need to insert it via $PAGETEXT. If this is for a single page, put it in that page's page script; if it's global, put it in the global page script:

$PAGETEXT := "<style>ul {text-align: center; list-style-type: none; padding-left: 0;} a, a:hover {color: gold;}</style>" + $PAGETEXT