Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Help for My Game.

8 years ago

I'm making a school game, but I can't decide what should happen and all that. (A normal case of writer's block)
I would like people to come up with

• School Name
  • Friend's Names
  • Possible crushes
  • Teachers
  • What goes on in all the classes.
  • Gym! My god!

So thanks if you can come up with any one of these <3!

(If have time to do all, thanks!)

Help for My Game.

8 years ago

If you don't want to come up with something as simple as the name of your characters, what are you doing writing? Why are you asking others to come up with what is supposedly 'your story'?

And no this doesn't seem like writer's block. It seems to me you just picked a type of story (a school-type) and couldn't be bothered to come up with ANYTHING (names and your actual plot) so now you are asking others to do that work for you.

Writer's Block is when you don't feel motivated to write (correct me if I'm wrong). Surely you can come up with NAMES without others' input >_< Surely that isn't such a hard task. and perhaps put a little more effort into your plot and such without external help. 

Help for My Game.

8 years ago

I seriously can't think of anything decent right now.

I usually can, but apparently not today.

Help for My Game.

8 years ago

Based off of the statistics of the U.S. Census Bureau, there are 5,163 first names and 151,671 last names to mix and match with.

I'm fairly positive that you can make some fucking names.

Help for My Game.

8 years ago

How do I delete a post :\?

Help for My Game.

8 years ago

You can't. Only moderators and administrators can.

Help for My Game.

8 years ago

Oh dang.

I'm going to start trying to make good games :|

Help for My Game.

8 years ago

Good for you.

Help for My Game.

8 years ago
Especially when starting out, a good idea I have heard is to "write what you know." Start with YOUR school. Use your friends' names (and mix first and last names if you like so they're not real people). Write about your classes.