Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Need Idea for Adventure Story

8 years ago

I was planning on writing an adventure story, and I need some ideas for one and what category it belongs in. Some ideas are:

• Trying to collect an amulet to restore humanity to an underground village of 63 people.
  • Escaping a castle.
  • Surviving in the middle of nowhere. 

If you have any, please tell me.

8 years ago

Out of those three the first seems to have the most potential. It really depends on the way you write it, but it sounds like it could be classified as a 'fantasy'.

8 years ago

Thanks for your opinion on what game my game should be about. I shall get to work on it.

8 years ago

"Trying to collect an amulet to restore humanity to an underground village of 63 people"?

I'm getting a little weary of McGuffin-fueled stories, but this honestly sounds interesting. It reminds me of a side quest from Aveyond.

The other two ideas have been done to death.

8 years ago

The other two are so minimal it's hard to say if they'd be interesting.  The first one has a great hook, though.  What do you mean "restore humanity?"  What happened to the people?  Why exactly 63?

8 years ago

Yeah, I just cringe every time I see a "gather the magical pieces to this ancient relic" type of game. I've actually been thinking about writing a story in which a bunch of old wizards get tired of all the game-changing and inconveniently disassembled magical artifacts in the world and, ironically, send out someone to gather all the artifacts so the wizards can get rid of them. Of course, like 99.7% of all things I think of, it will never be written.