Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

I'm new here. Hi!

8 years ago

Here's an introduction: My previous writing-website-of-choice, Quibblo, has basically given up the ghost. So I went on this long and dramatic hunt for a new writing website to hang out and write on, and now I'm here! Two questions: 

-Are there any top-notch stories here that aren't full of swearing and/or R-rated? If so, I'd love a link.
-Doctor Who/Sherlock/Harry Potter stories specifically? Or alternatively, where's the search bar on this site?

I'm new here. Hi!

8 years ago

Isn't Quibblo a quiz site?

Storygame search is here: http://chooseyourstory.com/Games/Search.aspx

I'm new here. Hi!

8 years ago

Technically yes, but all the users use it primarily as a story-writing site. Thanks for the link! 

I'm new here. Hi!

8 years ago

Pretty sure our fanfiction section is all but dead. We do have a little Age rating thing at the side of each game, but most of the good games are R Rated.

I'm new here. Hi!

8 years ago

I just searched "harry potter" and the reviews on all the stories are so awful it's hilarious. Guess I won't be bothering with fanfic here.

I'm new here. Hi!

8 years ago

Hey, we don't hate Fanfic. If you're a good writer, it won't be hard to get your storygame on the front page if its fanfiction. There was a Spanish Harry Potter game that was quite enjoyable, but that's only because I don't speak Spanish so I was guessing what link to press.

I'm new here. Hi!

8 years ago

I'm still planning on writing one..

I'm new here. Hi!

8 years ago
A Spanish Harry Potter? Have fun with that.

I'm new here. Hi!

8 years ago

:P A fanfic, smartass. (I wouldn't mind being fluent enough in Spanish or any other second language for that, though.)

I'm new here. Hi!

8 years ago

Hello there! You can call me Zag. It's good to see a new face around these parts. I hope you stick around.

I'm new here. Hi!

8 years ago

hai nub

don di

I'm new here. Hi!

8 years ago
Hello! Welcome to the site. If you're into writing, this can be a fun place. I do hope you enjoy your stay here.

I'm new here. Hi!

8 years ago

Forgot to say this before: Welcome! I'd recommend checking out the articles of the help and info section, since you're new around here, they tend to be very helpful regardless of your plans for being active in the community. To answer your questions:

1. Yes. There are multiple stories which fall on various points of the spectrum of squeaky clean to... Endmaster. "Top-notch" for us usually means "featured" or "top rated" and featured games are the games you see specifically displayed under the name of each storygame category. We do not have an 8/8 for maturity as the site does not allow anything quite that raunchy, but R-rated is 7/8. Off the top of my head, I can tell you that my first game is both featured and only PG-13. (There's some blood, very little language, and some dark humor.)

2. I have seen some. None of it was worth recommending. xD

Feel free to drop me a line if you need help with anything, and happy gaming~

I'm new here. Hi!

8 years ago

If you are the evil twin,does that mean you have a goatee?