Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Food Choice

6 years ago

I seriously found myself tempted to buy a can of sardines last night, though that can't really be the worst one can eat, can it (I've never had them)? I've had chicken gizzards and enjoyed them, I fulfilled a dare in Nicaragua & ate an eye from a roasted fish (and enjoyed it). Of course I doubt those could be considered all that odd.

Food Choice

6 years ago
I can't go on about this at length right now but eat the fuckin sardines, they're a superfood, and unlike that tuna you've been helping drive into extinction, they're sustainable and won't give you mercury poisoning.

Get the King Oscar's, eat them bitches straight out of the can. (Or on toast with lemon juice and avocado, or on crackers with cream cheese and dill, or just dijon mustard if you're cheap I GUESS.) I like the jalapeño ones.

Also gizzards are a pretty normal food item, sorry but you're nowhere near as interesting as you think.

Food Choice

6 years ago

In terms of meats, I've tried kangaroo and alligator - both were disgusting. Fruit bat is the strangest one I've known someone eat, although it was apparently nice. I personally hate sardines though, although as said above they are considered good for you!

Food Choice

6 years ago
Lol, enjoy your Ebola.

Food Choice

6 years ago

Is Ebola cured? Like after 2015 everyone stopped talking about it completely.

Food Choice

6 years ago

Alligator's pretty good in my opinion. I also like catfish, but some people don't. They refer to it as a "dirty" fish.

Food Choice

6 years ago

A lot of people dislike sardines because of how it looks.

Food Choice

6 years ago

Pineapples and Tomatoes are some disgusting shit.

Food Choice

6 years ago

Pineapples (fresh) are literally my favourite fruit.

Food Choice

6 years ago

They're great on pizza.

Food Choice

6 years ago
Digit I'm sorry your brain is broken.

Endmaster eats those little octopus tentacles which is a better contender for the weird seafood in a can prize.

Honestly I don't think I've ever eaten anything all that strange. If I felt like proving something to the thread (I don't) I could get pickled pig's feet from the store, or pig intestines in various forms.

Most disgusting food item I've ever had would far and away be a Little Debbie apple pie after the hurricane, but unfortunately those are pretty common.

E: Just remembered I have a recipe for soup made with duck blood and fruit from a Polish lady I'm acquainted with online. No, I won't be testing that one out either.

Food Choice

6 years ago

Perfectly reasonable to hate those demons.

Pineapple is too acidic and pulpy along with the fact that i hate yellow. Rather just get a peach or mango.

Tomatoes, well tomato slices taste like some slimy slugs in my mouth. Although I hear eating a tomato like a apple or peach makes for a more appealing taste.

E: Octupus tentacles are actually pretty good if inside soup like that mexican stuff called civeche or something

Food Choice

6 years ago

I think octopus is pretty good. But I like it spicy like in Korean food.

Food Choice

6 years ago

I can't tell if you mean combined, or seperately.

Food Choice

6 years ago

Whoa. I'm not sure I've met someone who doesn't like pineapple before. Mostly because the fruit is so blindingly delicious that I never suspected anyone held dislike for the food. I'm sorry you do not enjoy the utter deliciousness that is pineapple. 

Tomato is a bit easier to understand, but most people (at least most that I know) grew out of that before they were teens, because, like pineapple, tomato is an absolutely brilliant fruit. The base of one of the five mother sauces in the culinary world and deservingly so at that. It's combination of acidity and sheer diversity of use make it simply fantastic. 

Personally, I suggest getting past such dislikes, or you'll end up missing out on some of greatest dishes Earth has to offer. 

Food Choice

6 years ago

Eat some Japanese soba. It's really good.. 

Food Choice

6 years ago

I can't remember if I've ever had sardines.  I don't typically like fish, but I do like seafood, such as oysters, clams, scallops, and mussels.  My favorite, though, is Greek style calamari (with tzatziki).  I also really like escargot, but apparently those are from land snails, so don't really count. Gotta love all that garlic!

Food Choice

6 years ago

Canned fish have never really been my dealio. Most of the atypical food fish (The ones that aren't salmon and don't look like salmon unless you're an expert on sillhouettes and only salmon look like salmon to you) are that way. I hear there's some good anchovies out there, but so far the only ones I've ever had smell like canned ass and mummify the inside of my mouth. Trout aren't much better, and I've been told I ate sardines in some pizza or another, but it was full of other meat and I never really tasted anything fishy.