Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Orphaned Pages

5 years ago

Okay, so Orphaned Pages are pages that don't have any links going to them, right? Well, I've completed the quiz that I built here (I'm testing out variables and such) and two of the pages (where the results are) are reading as Orphaned Pages. However, I've previewed the quiz and was able to get both of those results. I'm a bit confused and would like some help on how to fix this problem.

Orphaned Pages

5 years ago
It's not a problem. That's just a notification. When you publish, it's a simple check to see if there are clear links to every page. If there's not a clear link, you get the "orphaned pages" notification. If you expect it because of variables or script, that's perfectly fine -- and that's why the site let you go ahead and publish. That warning is really there if you didn't expect any -- if you weren't using variables, conditional links, or scripts and got that warning, then you would have pages that no one could read.

Orphaned Pages

5 years ago

Oh! Thank you!

I figured it must have been something like that, but I wanted to make sure. I'll remember next time I'm using such things.

Orphaned Pages

5 years ago
Glad our resident Brute Squad could be of assistance!