Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Choose your story RPG?

4 years ago

Here's my first piece of concept art for The choose your story RPG. Here's the general idea:

• You play as a Noob to the site, attempting to seek shelter from the malevolent gods in a fantasy version of the site.
  • Basic RPG mechanics, such as fighting ect, along with speaking 'pacifist' mechanics.
  • You collect/craft exceedingly better Armour and items to progress.
  • I'm going for the old 'fighting fantasy' style of game (like the ones I read as a kid)

Ideas for low level enemies:

• Lesser Noob
  • Greater Noob
  • Lesser Troll
  • Greater Troll

Ideas for bosses ect:

• mizal (Elf queen)
  • Another Admin that I dare not mention (as the final boss)

Ideas for weapons:

• Banhammer

Any feedback, ideas or help would be greatly appreciated: I'm dedicated to finishing this story game.

(For anyone who cares: I'm still creating A Sanguine Sakura, I'd just like to take a break to do a fun project for a while).

Choose your story RPG?

4 years ago
This concept is highly amusing.

Choose your story RPG?

4 years ago

Why bother? You'll never make it past either of the boss'.

Choose your story RPG?

4 years ago
Indeed. There will be many, many, many paths that lead to banning and booting...

Choose your story RPG?

4 years ago

Definitely, angering the gods is not advised.

Choose your story RPG?

4 years ago

Shit, forgot to link the image:i

Choose your story RPG?

4 years ago
Here's a mock up of a few low-level enemies I made during my day off. If you have any ideas for monsters or items: make sure to tell me, since I don't know a lot of the sites 'lore'. Weeb: The weeb is an easy to defeat enemy who spends his time surfing the site whilst clutching his favourite body pillow. Stats: HP: 10 ATTACKS: REE: A screech that will deafen those who are not prepared momentarily (-5 player health) Odour: The weebs crippling body odour can render many low level foes unconscious (-2 player health, poison) Drops: Common drops: 3-5 gold coins. 1 Weeb flesh Uncommon drops: 1 Pillow fabric Epic drops: (none) Associated craft-able items (images coming soon): Pillow armour, crafted with 1 pillow fabric and 2 weeb flesh, is an armour set with defence 10. . . . . . Troll: Trolls inhabit the darkest corners of the site: they spend their time telling noobs to tag Admins 3 times and laughing at the results. Stats: HP: 15 ATTACKS: Poorly written story game: The troll craps out an poorly written story game, damaging nearby players morale (-5 player health) Shit post: The troll shit posts on the forums (like what you're reading now) wasting admin time with the clean up (-3 player health) DROPS: Common drops: Troll meat (Restores 10 hp) Eye balls Uncommon drops: (none) Epic drops: (none) Associated craft-able items: Admins can of eyes, crafted with 1 can and 3 eyes, is a food item that restores 20 hp. . . . . . CHAD: Chad is a classic internet icon that has infiltrated the site to hunt down virgins like you. Stats: HP: 30 Attacks: Back hand: Chad uses his hands, not for the first time (Minus 15 player health) Hair grease: Chad uses his pointed hair spike as a weapon (Minus 5 player health, armour piercing) DROPS: Common drops: Chad hair Can Uncommon drops: 'Ouch' t-shirt (An armour piece with defence 15) Epic drops: (none) Associated craft-able items: Admins can of eyes, crafted with 1 can and 3 eyes, is a food item that restores 20 hp. . . . . . Also: here's an image of Mayana. She'll be the first shop keeper, if she so wishes. I'll eventually do all of you, but thought I'd be ironic and make the only person who can't see their portrait first. Anyway, I'm going back to my hole to code. See you. (Also, sorry for the poor layout of this post: I'm yet to figure out how to shift the images)