Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello!

4 years ago

Hello everyone. 

My name is zaydam1000000 and I am a newbie at chooseyourstory.com. If anybody can tell me, how do you get points?

Hello!

4 years ago

Hey there! You get points by being a positive contributor to the community:

• When you read a story on this site, be sure to click on that "End Game" link on the last page and give a rating. That's worth one point. There are hundreds of stories here, so you can earn hundreds of points just by reading.
  • If you also leave a quality review of the story, you may get a commendation for it. That's worth a few additional points.
  • Noteworthy forum posts (often story fragments that people are working on) might also get commended and earn a few points.
  • Publishing a story is worth 10 points. If that story is really good... and this is a high bar... it may get featured, which is worth 100 points.

There are other more incidental ways to earn points as well, but the ones I listed above are the main ones.

Hello!

4 years ago

@Bill_Ingersoll

Thank you for telling me. 

zaydam1000000

Hello!

4 years ago

Hello, and welcome. I hope you read all of Endmaster’s masterpieces, find all of the endings, and rate them all an eight. 

Again, as Bill has said, rating stories gives you points, so if you rate all of his stories then you get points. 

Hello!

4 years ago
Welcome to the site. Points are kind of pointless, but collect them if you like. Hopefully you will have fun on the site whether you collect points or not!

Hello!

4 years ago

hell i dont even remember what my point count is at i know its not that high & a good chunk is the points you get every year on your birthday lol