Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

March IP ban fatman

21 years ago
For the love of all that is good. We'd all be happy. Sign if you agree

re:March IP ban fatman

21 years ago
I'll agree with that ... unfortunately, this is not so easy to do! Especially since I believe that he is coming from a Dynamic IP (i.e., his computer's internet address changes every time he logs online).

Please notify me of any innapropriate comments posted. thanks!

alexp

21 years ago
whoa whoa whoa.. even when you simplify it, i still cant understand. Are you saying you can tell excactly where Fatman i coming from and where he is and crap?

21 years ago
Every computer that is connected to the Internet is assigned a unique number called an "IP Address." Computers that are constantly connected to the internet (such as the computer that is hosting MyAdventureGame.com) has a constant IP Address. However, because users aren't connected on the internet 24-7, they do not get a permanent IP Address. Instead, everytime they sign on to the 'net, their Internet Service Provider assigns them an IP address.

If a user had a constant, or static IP, then we could ban all traffic coming from a specific IP address.

Any clearer?

21 years ago
yeah. thanks.
one more question not about the above: Have you and March known each other before this site? Do you even live close? How old are you guys?

21 years ago
Yep, March and I have known eachother for many many years now ... since highschool. We actually live in the same city, a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio (I just moved there), and are now in our 20's. And although that guy lives about a mile a way, I haven't seen him in ages ... so March, if you're reading this, give me a call!

21 years ago
true true, we've known each other for a while and have been cohorts in all types of adventures... alexp i recognize i haven't called or contacted you in a while, but my work schedule has been amazingly hectic, and that mixed with a rather demanding girlfriend.
we'll hook up shortly, i promise to MAKE time.
march

21 years ago
Actully many internet conenctions give there suers the same IP even when there not on 24/7. Oh well. Back to trying to get into that idiots account.

P.s I thought Alex p WAS march5th00. heh opps.

21 years ago
I wish I had a damanding girl friend lol...and if you wotk here how the %&*^( can it be hectic..at all!