Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 8/14/2020: This can happen when unsupported characters are present in the on-page coding of the preceding page

What “outside the bounds of the array” means?

3 years ago

In Preview mode, when I go on some pages of my story, an error occurs and says:

Index was outside the bounds of the array
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
” (details here: https://zupimages.net/up/20/33/28aq.png )

What does it means? Please help me, I'm working on this story for a while, with many many pages (+1000) and links, I don't want to lose it all x_X

3 years ago
I'm sure one of the five people who know what they're doing here will be with you shortly.

3 years ago

On the page(s) just before this error occurs, check your on-page scripting. Some symbols aren't supported in there (the rich text editor can introduce these sometimes) and they can cause this error.

3 years ago

Indeed! It was not on the script but on the page itself, I've rewrited the page and now it works perfectly.

Thank you very much, I was afraid it can be caused by having created too many pages!

3 years ago

Glad I could help!