Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Google Doodle

2 years ago
Is anyone else playing this? https://www.google.com/?fpdoodle=1&doodle=144867217

Sent was showing off screenshots and I thought he and Tim were lying to me, but no it actually is this elaborate top down Olympics themed RPG full of minigames and mythological Japanese furries. Not sure if/when I'll get a chance to actually play but it looks pretty cute and fun. Be sure to join Green Team, kappas are the best of all options.

Google Doodle

2 years ago
This game is kinda fun! How old is it, do you know?

Google Doodle

2 years ago
It's new, they make it for the Tokyo Olympics.

Google Doodle

2 years ago
Like EYV said, this one is new. You can get it off the Google home page right now.

You can look up past Google Doodles too, usually they're dumb minigames you might spend five minutes with and never touch again. This one is charming as heck and insanely elaborate by their standards, obviously somebody really knew what they were doing here and had fun with it. I hope whatever intern this was can use this to launch a game dev career.

Google Doodle

2 years ago
That's surprising. Cool!

Google Doodle

2 years ago
I take it you don't keep up with the indie game scene much.

Google Doodle

2 years ago
I actually don't.
It sure seems that you are up to date with such things though.

Google Doodle

2 years ago
I don't really keep up with much of anything anymore, but I don't think they ever stopped making games with pixel art, and then there's games like Minecraft and Stardew Valley and Terraria etc that are ridiculously popular. (Assuming that's the thing you were surprised about.)

Google Doodle

2 years ago
Yeah, it's hard to keep up with every new update to things sometimes.
Oh, true! Minecraft is a very popular game that still uses big pixels. I shouldn't have been surprised now that I think about it. Oh, well!

Google Doodle

2 years ago
this is legit a dope ass game wtf I'm surprised at how good this is

Google Doodle

2 years ago
Were you on the kappa team?

Google Doodle

2 years ago
nah. I let lar choose my team cause I thought the kappa looked lame.

Google Doodle

2 years ago
So far I got 5/7 scrolls. Some of the minigames are passable on the first try, others are not. Is anyone finished the game?

Google Doodle

2 years ago
I watched a guy do it on youtube. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Google Doodle

2 years ago

Yeah, I guess it certainly does take lot's of time.